• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wtf is wrong with our weather

T
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River AK
Dont you watch the news or listen to the radio? Yeah the whole state is warm. We are starting to cool down here in Fairbanks. We didnt get the crazy melting like Wasilla and Anchorage, probably since we came from a deep freeze the weeks before.

M
Jan 1, 2008
Jackie Purcell

It's all Jackie's fault.

This is Alaska get used to it. This has happened every year for the last 47 years that I can remember. On the bright side, it's great weather for chopping firewood for the next 30 below cold spell. I've lost all two feet of snow in my yard and most of the ice is gone too.

Mark

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
so it is warm!

Come on all you ak riders we cannot let this get us down I rode three times this week up lostlake and yes it rained in the parking lot ,but it snowed up top and it was wet but it was a good work out.I'll be back up ther next week end to!or maybe tuesday.:)

Jan 6, 2009
Anchorage, AK
It is snowing in ANC......

Looking out the window @ 6:30pm on Tuesday Night here in Anchorage. Is that snow I am seeing? or maybe it is an illusion. If it is snowing here, it has to be snowing everywhere else :) Back to the slope for a couple. Hope it snows hard!!

A
Dec 15, 2007
Bush Alaska
All of our snow is ice. Currently 20f and maybe some snow in the next 2 days.
K300 really lucked out on the temps cooling back down and water dropping.
Maybe next week will start looking ptramigans. My 6yr old girl wants to go out and break in her 22.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Can someone please explain to me how you can have two storms go right up either side of the state and TOTALLY miss the south central part? The weather patterns up here are just unbelievable. You watch the weather and there is a storm the size of the freaking state and it TOTALLY misses the south central WTF is up with that.. Sorry, just a little bummed..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Can someone please explain to me how you can have two storms go right up either side of the state and TOTALLY miss the south central part? The weather patterns up here are just unbelievable. You watch the weather and there is a storm the size of the freaking state and it TOTALLY misses the south central WTF is up with that.. Sorry, just a little bummed..

lol, yea doug sometimes the weather can be a bit fickle...I laugh when the weatherman says 100% chance of snow...and we get nadda...then they say its gonna be all sunny and we get 3 ft...lol hang in there we will get more snow...

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
lol, yea doug sometimes the weather can be a bit fickle...I laugh when the weatherman says 100% chance of snow...and we get nadda...then they say its gonna be all sunny and we get 3 ft...lol hang in there we will get more snow...

It's depressing... I put up with this $hit back east and good God this is Alaska. :D

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
It's depressing... I put up with this $hit back east and good God this is Alaska. :D[/QUOTE
Dude don't worry about it. This weather happens every year like this. I hope you have your sick/going sledding days saved up, because when it starts snowing again, it won't stop. We generally get the most snow from the end of January through March. Patience grasshopper :cool:

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
Waiting for snow is one of the greatest forms of patience building exercises. Trust me i practice this every year. The problem is when i go out of state tired of waiting for the snow, and all of the sudden a nice nasty storm blows through leaving freshies everywhere and i am stuck out o state wanting to get back asap

D
Feb 16, 2008
Anchorage, AK
The problem is when i go out of state tired of waiting for the snow, and all of the sudden a nice nasty storm blows through leaving freshies everywhere and i am stuck out o state wanting to get back asap

Same happens to me. I'll donate some air miles if that will get us some snow. Where do you want to go?:D

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
I want to know how these so called weather forecasters can sleep at night knowing that they get paid to stand infront of 100,000+ people and tell them something that has not even a 50/50 chance of being right.

LOL, we had these same "pissed at the weatherman" posts back east too. :D

Premium Features