• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M8 HCR Ride Reports???? Anyone???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have looked up the specs on them and nowhere does it say that they have different ecu mappings.

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
The cat reps at the dealer openhous said they all got different mapping when asked the difference from hcr and sp. With that came the differance in clutching. If they are the same than why the difference in price? I belieave that the hcr were a couple pounds heavier than the sp too, due to the wider stance and springs,and harder track. So what is the real dafferance?

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
3007-646 1 ECU circle
3007-647 1 ECU square
3007-648 1 ECU triangle

same ecu for all 09 M8

some may have received their sled through the race department but I don't think the sleds are any different

K
Dec 6, 2007
The cat reps at the dealer openhous said they all got different mapping when asked the difference from hcr and sp. With that came the differance in clutching. If they are the same than why the difference in price? I belieave that the hcr were a couple pounds heavier than the sp too, due to the wider stance and springs,and harder track. So what is the real dafferance?

Is that a real question?

Titanium Spring in the Drive clutch
Titanium Springs front shocks (Fox Zero Pro)
Hillclimb Sliderail (don't know the difference but different part #)
Deep keel skis
Boss seat
Wider stance (42 to 44)
Powerclaw track with harder Durometer
Pearl Cat Green (awesome green)
Crossfire Windshield

457 pounds is the weight claimed by AC.

This is lighter than the sno pro.

Plus all the features from the sno pro.

Thats a lot for 1200$ difference

500 has been made, 100 for racers (supposed too) and 400 for "us".

Go read my friend :)
http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/snow.asp?category=MOUNTAIN&model=M8HCR

Last edited:
B
The "Stock" HCR is purported to be lighter than the "Stock" SnoPro or LE. About 8lbs according to cat and others. I found this site (link below) which dyno'd and weighed a bunch of '08 sleds full of gas and oil etc. The M8 snowpro came in at 561.2 lbs. I took my HCR onto the the government scales at work and it came in at 550 lbs soak'n'wet. My dealer pointed out a few things on the HCR that have been beefed up and re-inforced under the hood and on the front suspension that actually add weight to the HCR, but these are offset by the titanium springs etc. So all things being equal, I think if you throw a boss seat on the snopro or LE, they will all be about the same weight.

Scroll down the site page until you see the pic of the M8 Hanging. You can see the actual weight in the pic. Soak'n'wet "imo" is the only way to compare, you can't ride without gas or oil.

http://www.bowcycle.com/bm08/techtips/weight.shtml

Last edited:

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Is that a real question?

Titanium Spring in the Drive clutch
Titanium Springs front shocks (Fox Zero Pro)
Hillclimb Sliderail (don't know the difference but different part #)
Deep keel skis
Boss seat
Wider stance (42 to 44)
Powerclaw track with harder Durometer
Pearl Cat Green (awesome green)
Crossfire Windshield

457 pounds is the weight claimed by AC.

This is lighter than the sno pro.

Plus all the features from the sno pro.

Thats a lot for 1200$ difference

500 has been made, 100 for racers (supposed too) and 400 for "us".

Go read my friend :)
http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/snow.asp?category=MOUNTAIN&model=M8HCR
I did read and for some reason i don't belive everything i read. I think that is why people on hear are asking questions. I was passing the info i got from the cat rep wether he knew his **** or not. I was wondering if with the 1200 dif. add some goodies to the sp be a better option. my .02. to each their own my friend.:beer;

K
Dec 6, 2007
I did read and for some reason i don't belive everything i read. I think that is why people on hear are asking questions. I was passing the info i got from the cat rep wether he knew his **** or not. I was wondering if with the 1200 dif. add some goodies to the sp be a better option. my .02. to each their own my friend.:beer;

Well, i don't agree with that.

With 1200$ you have a boss seat (500$) and 2 font titanium springs (500), include taxes and shipping, you have your 1200$ right there.

With the HCR, you have a unique sled (1 of 500), wich is way nicer than the white snopro (sorry, but Cat is green, not white). Plus you have all the goodies stated above.

With everything i mentionned, 1200$ is nothing.

And that's if you paid MSRP. I paid my HCR 200$ more than the snopro.

:)

Last edited:
C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
Bought the HCR today

Thanks alot everyone. I pulled the trigger on the HCR today. I blame each and every one of you who gave the good reports back. :)

C
Dec 11, 2007

If it was truly the Cat Rep for the Intermountain area (Rob Lewis) Then yes! he knows his chit.

S
Sep 12, 2008
@ 10,000 Feet CO.
The HCR RULES

I had mine out at Vail Pass today in 3-5 feet of fresh pow pow!!! I am running a BD intake, Vohk clutching, a SS can and stock M skis on a race dept sled. I ran 2 gallons of 100 oct low led to a full tank of 91 and beat up on some of my buddies sleds today. My friend on the M8 hung well but the stock air intake was a problem kept pluging up with snow. The wider front end takes a bit of getting use to but the deeper the better. The harder track is no issue. After 365 miles I would say this is a great sled. Now it's time for some more MODS.:D Phatty is right the HCR RIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
M
Dec 5, 2007
Prepare for a fun time.I have 352 miles on mine and it flat out runs great.Track is the best for traction braking and on the gas. Boss seat is nice and works great with the telescoping steering post. I have been running 87 fuel and have the most power.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Is your sled a Race department sled?

while there is no question the HCR is a bad sled; I am quite sure there is only one US model. It shares the same engine and clutch set up as a M8 Sno Pro. The gearcase is the same as well. You can compare the part numbers used on the sleds in the parts catalogs. That is not to say that some have not been changed after they came out of the box; but production HCRs are all the same. And they were designed to run on 87 octane fuel in production form.

Ok....here goes

I love the sled but what the F#$%K

went to golden on 26 dec rode 15min to cabin at quartz half throttle or less
no light nothing then bang boggs down,
starts pissin anti freeze
lift the hood and see two plug wires are off as well (thinking this is why it bogged)
machine never went into limp mode either

thought it was an air lock..tried everything
nope..
took it in to the dealer and they say it needs a new motor,(the oil pump gears were not lined up) and they say this isn't the only one! they tell me they had another do the same

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
Anyone w/ access to the AC parts microfiche? I'm wondering if the HCR float from the skid is the same as the M8 skid float. Valving etc?

Premium Features