• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

650 husaberg question

B
Nov 26, 2007
Have a 08 650 husaberg, and can buy a 2012 Timbersled LT with mounting kit for $ 2000 with bearing upgrade. Am I wasting my time and money with this set up, and get a newer bike and track

E
Dec 19, 2007
I had a 08 fe450 and always thought it would make a good snow bike. It would start better than any 4 banger I've seen but I think the 650 needed some crank bearing upgrades to be reliable. Husaberg.org has info on upgrades. Just get a new ski. 2000 might be to much for a 12

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
I think you could certainly have some fun with that set up, for not a huge amount of money. Sure the 12 Timbersled is not the greatest kit, but it would get you on the snow. The 650 would certainly turn that track well. Just stay on the oil changes. I had an 04 550 Berg and it made 55 rwhp on the dyno, so your 650 should have a few more than that, most don't realize those motors run really well. Good luck with your project.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the input I’m not sure what to do. I might just sell the 650 and get a bike that can take a newer kit. I’ve herd that Timbersled doesn’t make a fit kit past 2013 or 14 for that bike. I have a older Kim 525 but it’s got some hours on it And I would not want to smoke the engine

Apr 22, 2009
The 650 Husaberg is a right hand drive most kits are left drive. I Have a 08 650 rebuilt the kit to work awesome bike love it. If it is over 200 hrs check today crank bearings and valves also look at roller on rocket arms

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
The 650 Husaberg is a right hand drive most kits are left drive. I Have a 08 650 rebuilt the kit to work awesome bike love it. If it is over 200 hrs check today crank bearings and valves also look at roller on rocket arms
How hard was that right hand drive conversion? Ive always thought it would be sweet to use one of those polaris 400 2 stroke quad engines with the high low cvt trans that has a right hand chain drive. they are pushing 75horse built, think the cvt would make it amazing.

H

Helmut

Apr 14, 2009
Vernon BC Canada
Our riding group had two 2007 650fe with 2015 TS LT KITS. The last right hand kits from factory. The burg was a great snow bike option for its time with tons of power. That said newer light weight and fuel injected bikes bring a whole new level of all round performance and fun. The 650 wide ratio transmition was not the best that said stick this torque monster in third and ride it all day. You will have to do some intake mods for those cold deep days. We had best success with closing off the entire intake which isn't that easy since it pulls from under the tank and seat and leting it Breath through a frog skin covered vent cut into the top of the seat just in front of your seating position. Keep the bike warm when traveling or it will never start on the cold days. Keep a jumper pack with you. It's a bear to kick over. Keep in mind for all your efforts to make this right hand set up work that down the Rd it will be a hard sell. I would stick to a standerd left hand build. As our riding progressed we switched to lighter, higher reving bikes and shorter tracks. Currently on a 2017 Husqvarna 450fx / 2014 KTM 390sx BB both with 2019 Yeti 129ss kits. Love snowbiking ?

Premium Features