• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iqr 136

T
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Hello I have a 2008 iqr 600 that is currently set up as a 121. I'm thinking about stretching it to a 136 for the upcoming season but am unsure of a skid that would bolt in with the least amount of drilling to get it to fit or whether I should just buy rail extensions. Any suggestions? Does anyone know what skid would fit in this tunnel? I'd also like to keep the walker Evans I have under it now. Let me know what you know, I'd really appreciate it

Last edited:
T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Your cheapest option is rail extensions, call tracks USA they normally have package deals.

If you can afford it the ice age rails are the best way to go IMO if you want to keep the stock skid components and stoutness.

T

Toothguy

May 10, 2012
I elected to go with the extensions as opposed too the Ice Age rails as I wanted to keep the added strength of the stock skid.

T

Toothguy

May 10, 2012
I think your way of thinking may be a bit backwards...
Initially I was going to go with a set of Ice Age rails it wasn't a question of cost or anything like that. I did quite a bit of research, and spoke with people on both sides of the argument. At Hay Days I had the opportunity to handle a set of Ice Age 136 rails and to me they didn't seem as beefy as the stock ones on my '13. That being said I do see your point in bolting the extension too the rail and the weak point that it creates. This was just the way I elected to go. If I do encounter issues then I will try a set of Ice Age rails.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
They are stronger all day, ice age makes stock polaris rails to polaris spec, so they know how to make them stronger as well. extensions shouldnt be bad on the shorter rails, but when you want the real stout stuff. Ice Age rails all the way.

Premium Features