• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07-11 M Steering Post / Bulkhead Crack

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
So I just got off the phone with my riding partner and gave him the good news about the steering post brace being done, and seing how he is almost 7' tall and 280 and rides like a animal, we are sure he needs the brace, im surprised he hasnt ripped the A frame or the handle bars out yet, my saying has always been if "your going to ride with Pete, you are going to get beat":boink:

Anyway, we talked it over, and feel the stock A frame has done pretty good so far, so we are thinking the AUL one should be the ticket to stiffen up the A frame that much more, so as it stands as of know, let me know when you have the AUL one's done, and we will order 2 from ya, 3 possibley as soon as he gets ahold of our other riding buddy!

Thanks!
Rick

Last edited:

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
to be honest ecu wires rubbing and not being protected by the heat shield on top of having to notch out and re-seal the air box is a bit of a turn off...just sayin

M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
to be honest ecu wires rubbing and not being protected by the heat shield on top of having to notch out and re-seal the air box is a bit of a turn off...just sayin
Its not going to be hard to install some protective wiring harness over the wires, I got pretty handy with it when i installed a EFI 460 into my 79 Tow Truck, and as far as the air box, if you look at yours, you will see there is a 1" piece of plastic that actually hangs out over the front of the air box were the shaft is going to bolt to the bulkhead like the eve on your house, so you wont actully be getting into the air box itself per say, just trimming the piece that hangs over the front of it!!! Just saying:face-icon-small-hap

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Thew wires will not have hardly any pressure on the brace, they won't need anything done to the. The heat shield will need a long "U" shape cut out of it or removed, not a big deal. The air box will only need a a hole about 3-5" X 1" right over the pipe, under the head light / gauge area. And to patch the hole, just use reflective tape to make a cup type saddle area in the air box for the brace to sit in.

Sorry they are taking so long to get ready to ship out, but I've been slammed at my shop.

The new Frogz Skins cover I made for the universal vents are going to work out very nice for the high impact areas.

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Going to continue the free shipping, but only to US guys. Had to ship one to Norway and that sucked. If it's not to a US address, add $10, which is still hardly worth the hassle, but I want to get these out to anyone that needs one.

Also making a steering hoop support for forward and backward movement. They will be availablein ALU, Chome-moly, and Ti.

Also have the Mt. Magic, gauge lifters, which can be shipped in the same box. $30 if order with the repair kit.

Also will do discounts on multiple kit orders and welcome dealers to contact me.

Thanks for all the orders so far, and let me know if there is something else you would like to see made for your sleds.

IMAG0032.jpg IMAG0038.jpg IMAG0062.jpg IMAG0070.jpg MMGauge_Lifter1.jpg MMGauge_Lifter2.jpg

M

maddogs1965

Mar 17, 2010
Truckee Ca,
Any word on the ALUM steering post brace yet?? I have been busting my *** towing stupid jack *** tourist that cant seem to drive in the snow, so i havent been able to get on the webb site in a couple of weeks!!

Needles to say its supposed to be sunny here for the next 2 days, so i will be on the hills getting some throttle therapy!!!:face-icon-small-hap

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I will have some of the hoop supports ready to send out tomorrow and a total of 5 ALU and 5 Moly by the end of the week. I am going to offer free domestic shipping on a package with the plates, for a week or so, just to help get them out there for people to see. If you already ordered the plates, remind me so I can take care of you. ALU will start at $100 and will be raw. Moly will start at $115 raw and $125 sandblasted and painted black. Ti will be $175-200 and will be special order for now (haven't made any yet, thats why the price is a range). Any can be powder coated also but will be delayed a bit and add about $25-30.

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Installation instruction are ready, but are to big of a file to up load onto here. Email me or PM your email address if you would just like to see how much work it will take to install, or if you already ordered the kits.

I will be looking up as many emails as possible for the guys that already bought them, and send them a copy.

Thanks again, and let me know if there is anything else that you would like to see, but haven't been able to find.

jason@akamd.com

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Were did everyone go that wanted these hoop supports that I made up? Only have a few sold, PM me if you are interested. Free domestic shipping if you buy the plates and hoop support at the same time.

IMAG0094.jpg IMAG0039.jpg IMAG0038.jpg

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
Only have a couple more plates on hand if any one was thinking of getting them. Need to get some dealer orders, if there is any shops that are interested.

Also still have some ALU and Moly steering hoop supports, $100 for ALU and $110 for Moly, plus $15 S&H for domestic order.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Warning You have reached the limit of your Free Basic Member reading privileges. To continue reading this thread, please upgrade to Premium Member status.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
New Plates

We have teamed up with the AKmodshop to improve the plates. Made out of stainless and very nice fit and finish. Bolts are pressed in. With the new plates you can take the extra 4 bolts out and put in the stock holes for easier installation. With that done you can just drill out rivets on old plate and just install new plate. Very nice install and a must if you do any jumping.

Contact AKmosdhop or visit our website to order.

IMG_0400.JPG IMG_0402.JPG IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0397.jpg IMG_0394.jpg

Premium Features