• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets talk Motec stand alone ECUs

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
how many of you guys have used real dynos... water brake, or eddy current...

inertial dyno's don't count... they aren't real dyno's and there use is limited when it comes to complete tuning of an engine..

Just curious.

Good discussion and lots of interesting information is in this thread... apart from the mudslinging, which is good because it is summer!!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Dont be a punk NEil, your system was a flop you did NOT stand behind it, in fact you passed the buck back to the real developers so they could hold onto it for 4 weeks then send it back still NOT working..

your a punk,, period, now when you get to setting records or even making some power you come over and I'll teach you the lesson your ignorance deserves.

HOW bout my MONEY BACK ??

see me,, I dont hide PUNK
You really want to do this here Gus? I thought you were a nice guy?

Should I post the email? I still have it. You know the one where I said "are you sure you have a proper tach signal and a good power supply" or where I said " we have never tested on anything like your motor so I can't guarantee anything". You pretty much told me you could make it work no matter what. I will gladly post it up, but your not going to like it?

I'm a bit shocked Gus, I didn't think you were like this. So instead of calling me or emailing me, you want to go about it like this? This is the first I even heard it had failed again?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Ok Gus, even though you call me names on a public forum without even discussing it with me, I will give you your money back.
Even though I told you it may not work but you practically begged me to sell it to you, I don't have time for people like you, so if you stop calling me names then I will be glad to give your money back
I have had my own business's since I was 22 yrs old and have nothing but success in them. I offered people a fuel controller that worked on my "Yamaha" and offered it to other yamaha owners, but you got me. I had a bad feeling the whole time that you were bugging me to sell it to you. I should have listened to my instinct.

I am done bantering with people on a forum, and I am not letting you drag me down there.
If I was a punk, then I would have been called out a long time ago.

Let me know where to send the money...

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
After two years of fighting with the RB3 trying to get it working I decided to go with Neil's Boost-It kit. Its not that the RB3 didn't work at all, it was just that I couldn't get the sled to run consistently day to day or between different elevations. I am no stranger to tuning a boosted engine, I had built a boosted honda civic before this that ran mid 11's. I tuned that for the most part with a laptop on the street and it worked fine. But that was on a flat surface and I found out right away its basically impossible to tune a sled with a laptop while trying to watch your air fuel, rpm and boost. Maybe if you have some sort of decent data logging capabilities it would be easier but the RB3 didn't. Not to mention that I spent many hours tuning my car to run the 750cc injectors properly in part throttle. Thats not something that I can afford to do with my snowmobile when I have to drive 1000 kilometres round trip to the mountains. I spent all this time building my sled, I just want to ride it.

That is where I am at now with the Boost-It system. Im sure I could make more power with a full standalone with timing control, etc. but the ease of use of this system makes this guy a happy camper. Not to mention my sled has way more power than I need anyway, and I am sure that 95% of turbo sled owners feel the same way. I can easily and quickly adjust my fuel in boost. Boost tuning is easy, its the part throttle that is a nightmare and I am more than happy to leave the factory ECU doing its thing in vacuum.

To top all this off Neil's customer service has been great. He always answers the phone or PM's right away. He sent me an updated chip overnight on his own dime to get me the latest changes before my trip. And after I rolled my sled and cracked my pelican case, he sent me a brand new one free of charge.

There are a lot of guys who will take your money and then they are nowhere to be found when you need there help. Neil is nowhere near that kind of guy.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Dont be a punk NEil, your system was a flop you did NOT stand behind it, in fact you passed the buck back to the real developers so they could hold onto it for 4 weeks then send it back still NOT working..

your a punk,, period, now when you get to setting records or even making some power you come over and I'll teach you the lesson your ignorance deserves.

how many of you guys have used real dynos... water brake, or eddy current...
for us, it is land and sea eddie current and cts water brake both engine dyno.

inertial dyno's don't count... they aren't real dyno's and there use is limited when it comes to complete tuning of an engine..
finaly someone that understand!
inertial dyno(dynojet like) hp calculation: mass x speed x distance(bull$hit) !! how fast are you moving the drum you are on!!
hp calculation eddie current: peak torque x peak rpm divided by 5252(real deal) !!

if you can't load an engine to it's maximum then you simply can't have a real tune.

Just curious.

Good discussion and lots of interesting information is in this thread...
hoping it is anwering your questions!!

apart from the mudslinging, which is good because it is summer!!
:becky:

Last edited:
S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
NM

I'm with Loco on this one..
My experiance with Niel has been nothing but positive.
I don't want to enter a debate or laundry airing session with any peeps on the forum over this. To me it looks like he's being made out to be something he's not.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
:face-icon-small-dis

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado

This is a joke, right???:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-dis

Sam

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
So all BS aside, Supra, WHEN is this ECU of yours going to be seen in the mountains??? I have a mid mount TAPEX, OVS TM1200, OVS TM8 and a Polaris Pro I am putting a "little" boost on. Along with a new Cat at the dealer. I am not interested in "Dyno" tested ECUs. We need something that WORKS at elevation. And YES, elevation causes things to happen in the fuel injected sleds that make even the engineers scratch their heads. Our elevation is 10k-13k feet. Again, real life performance, not just numbers is what would be really nice.

Sam

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
So all BS aside, Supra, WHEN is this ECU of yours going to be seen in the mountains??? I have a mid mount TAPEX, OVS TM1200, OVS TM8 and a Polaris Pro I am putting a "little" boost on. Along with a new Cat at the dealer. I am not interested in "Dyno" tested ECUs.
impressive lineup!
We need something that WORKS at elevation. And YES, elevation causes things to happen in the fuel injected sleds that make even the engineers scratch their heads.
will scratch our heads until we get to the brain direct....if oem have their ecu runnig, we will have ours running...
Our elevation is 10k-13k feet. Again, real life performance, not just numbers is what would be really nice.
give us some time, we will find a dealer in your area and will travel to go help him to tune at elevation. if dobeck makes your sled running,believe me we will have it to run better....much better

Sam

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
So all BS aside, Supra, WHEN is this ECU of yours going to be seen in the mountains??? I have a mid mount TAPEX, OVS TM1200, OVS TM8 and a Polaris Pro I am putting a "little" boost on. Along with a new Cat at the dealer. I am not interested in "Dyno" tested ECUs. We need something that WORKS at elevation. And YES, elevation causes things to happen in the fuel injected sleds that make even the engineers scratch their heads. Our elevation is 10k-13k feet. Again, real life performance, not just numbers is what would be really nice.

Sam

So let us know how it turns out and which sled you use it on.

Premium Features