• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW GUY 2009 RMK 700 Dash Speedometer Swap ???

D
Aug 25, 2016
Hi guys new to Snowest ! This is my very first post here ! So here we go !

Gotta question about a speedometer swap. My 09 RMK 700 doesn't have the needle speedometer. It only has the digital Speedometer. I was wondering why did Polaris make this awkward change ? Called my local Polaris shop and he didn't understand either. So anyways here is my issue.

I want to change my only digital Non-needle Speedometer, with a digital needle speedometer. I saw on Ebay that both Speedometers have the same connexions on the back. Is this a fairly easy plug and play swap or does anything have to be done to get it working properly ?

Hopeing i am not opening an already existing thread about this topic !

Thanks !

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I have done this several times on 2008 Dragons... 2005 and 2006 gauges work, newer would probably work too I think some of the trail sleds might have had the full sweep style gauge. Wish I could do the same on the Pro.

Be aware that whatever mileage is on the gauge is what your sled will show. It is stored in the gauge not the ECM so try to buy one with about the same miles as your sled. If not, just take a pic of miles screen and hours screen on your old gauge before switching it out, and miles and hours on the sweep gauge. That way anyone can do the math and figure out real hours and miles on your sled after the switch...

D
Aug 25, 2016
Ok awesome ! Thankx for the quick responses ! I took a gamble and ordered a used one from Ebay for a 100 bucks ! I didn't care much about the milage !

Thankx again guys much appreciated !

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Yup, there is a "Deluxe" gauge and a "Basic" gauge, easily interchangeable... one of the screws is a little tight getting to, but not impossible. Other than that, plug and play.:face-icon-small-coo

D
Aug 25, 2016
Awesome ! Should be getting it in the mail anytime soon now ! Thankx for the response ! I guess I have to take the windshild out to get the whole Dash out. I saw 2 screws on the bottom

Premium Features