• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Switched dc power tx300

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
I’m wondering which wire could supply switched dc power to run my fuel pump for my tx300 turbo. Can someone post a schematic or tell me which wire.

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
te300 turbo? lets see some more info on this! anways your just looking for a switched power source? depending on how many amps you going to pull there is usually one under the number plate.

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
I just took a pic but this sh!tty website won’t let me post any more pics. Pm me your email or phone # I’ll send it to u and u can post it if you have room. I know that there is power for where my headlight used to be but I thought it was ac voltage and I need 12vdc. I think it’s about 2 amps. Hopefully I have enough juice as that is the only thing I need to run as the turbo is a comp oilless turbo.

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
definitely interested to see how it all goes. is that an aerocharger? also what carb do you have/ plans for fueling? intellijet or i have heard the smart carb can keep up with some boost. i hope this ends up reliably eating 450's! id have to try it out !

S
Dec 14, 2009
Idaho
The TX300 does not have switched DC power. You can connect straight to the battery or there is an unused plug tucked by the right radiator meant for a cooling fan. Your stator only produces a maximum of about 7 watts DC to the battery, the rest is AC. If you need more DC juice than that Trail Tech makes an all DC setup.

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
Ok. So the rad fan only needs 7 Watts? I guess I’ll contact trail tech. It’s a comp oilless turbo. Using a skidoo carb which I have used several times on skidoo turbos. Works great on skidoos

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
You can post a photo as long as it is under the specified resolution - Just reduce the resolution on your camera and try again.

My iPhone doesn’t even have an option for reducing resolution that low. When the hell are they going to get done with this silly update for this site?Wasn’t this supposed to be done like two months ago? I guess I’ll try to find that thread that Christopher kept making us read and bitch on that. Sorry for the rant. Didn’t get to go snowbiking today.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
What size turbo is that? How much boost/compression do you think she will take? Supposedly lectron has a carb coming out that has a powerjet and N2O built in for snowbiking 2strokes. I have several motors from that generation of ktm/huskys. I might have to learn about boost if you get this running. If BRC is putting 60ftlbs of torque to that trans/clutch it must be robust.

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
I don’t know the specs off hand. Comp turbos assured me it will suit this engine but it looks too big imo. I will see what happens. I plan to run 7-8psi as that is what the wastegate spring is. I have doubled the belville clutch spring to keep it from slipping. Just waiting for my stator to come and I should be up and running.

Premium Features