• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 m8 low end bog: new fuel map?

A
Dec 26, 2015
I experience a low end bog on my 2010 m8 162, I have checked clutching, power valves, can, intake, etc etc... I will check the oil pump, and if that is not the problem I will most likely take in the ecu for a new fuel map. Has anyone else done this? I know arctic cat has a recall for these sleds, as I know that the 2011's do a lot better on the lower end.

Let me know if you have had success (or failure) with this, so many posts ive seen about these sleds seem unsolved. My sled runs awesome when it clears out, I just need to work the throttle right. The dream of course is to have power from idle to 8000 rpms.

thanks in advance

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Of all of the problems I've had on my pretty much stock 2010, power across the rpm range isn't one of them. The fuel map really shouldn't be the issue.

You got a pipe on there? That's usually a big one. Clutch sticking? I don't know what you mean by you 'checked' all those things so maybe some more detail on what you've gone through? Tried running it with the TSS disconnected?

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I have a 2010 and it will occasionally bog. I think it is both fuel and oil. I put a D &D y pipe on and it cleaned up throttle response noticeably, to the point my riding partner could tell the difference in sound. My sled also uses oil like a fat kid eats cake. I haven't touched the oil since I would rather deal with it.

I have replaced both clutches in less than 1200 miles so I would look there first.

A
Dec 26, 2015
I checked the primary spring, is not broken, same story with the secondary. All the rollers are fine on both clutches, deflection is spot on.

I took it for a long ride the other day. It was fouling plugs like none other. It is obviously getting too much fuel. It would foul them and run on one cylinder. I am going to check the compression, and probably the reeds.

Another note that my ecu does not seem to be pulling up error codes.

A
Dec 26, 2015
I took the pipe off and checked the compression. It was about 110 on both cylinders. Looks like ill need to rebuild the top end

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The 2010 had some issues on mapping, it showed up with ppl running just a can or mods without fuel controller. Also the turbo's could be challenging, 2011 was spot on

A
Dec 26, 2015
Not likely,

Do compression test with throttle open and pull hard 10 to 12 times

Yeah, the compression was a little better. Its not bad enough to make it rin this bad. I checked the tps with an ohm meter. Its broken. I put a new one in and ill update with results when i get it back together.

A
Dec 26, 2015
Haven't seen that on these sleds. Good job!!!

Thanks. That faulty tps was putting my machine in limp mode, so it ran like complete garbage. Night and day difference when i changed it.

Bad tps is common when i searched these sleds running in limp mode.

Premium Features