• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Very Very Frustrated!

09snopro

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2008
Shelley, ID
I have a 09 M1000 with a OVS pump gas turbo running 7 lbs of boost on 50/50 (111 octane and 91 octane fuel) at 6,000 to 10,000 ft. I am having major issues with it cutting out at full throttle after about 10 seconds of being on it. I am running 38 PSI on fuel at idle and a 1:1 pump. I have also installed a 3 Degree timing key to see if this will help, and no success.

Pure Logic Box settings:
Green 2
Yellow 2
Red 2
Green/Bleu 5
Yellow/Blue 4
Red/Blue 4.5

Air/fuel is running right about the 12.3 or less.

Here is a video of it. If you listen near the end you can hear it bogging out. At the beginning I am trying to get on and off the throttle to keep it cleaned out, but it didn't help. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeevtwpM5_0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Sounds like its to rich, but I'm not familiar with the 1000 tuning, I would say turn off the red.

BTW, it doesn't mean chit without knowing the A/F readings.

are all the plug wires in good shape with new spark plugs

I also think you have to much octane for such low boost, but again not familier with the kit but I know guys running 8-10k with 2 gal of 110 on 8lbs

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Right after you do a wot pull shut it off and do a plug reading, plug change color so try not to run it after your pull. Running a plug to rich fricks them up so it could be fuel tuning and bad plugs.

Dec 17, 2007
I would almost make a bet with a fresh set of plugs it would not cut out. Not to say to much fuel on tuning but that breakdown is spark. I would guess your plug gap is lower for a boosted application. The break down of plugs is under a hard pull. My .02.

C

CatRyder88

Dec 6, 2007
Does it start bogging and get worse and worse? Wont clean up?

If so my 800 was doing something similar. Too much fuel per pound of boost. I only run my green/blue at one but i don't have the yellow/blue setting so its probably a bit different.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Plain City, UT
Well I can only speek of my experience, but from what you posted you are running to much octane. I run 10 lbs on a M7 OVS kit with 50/50 mix at 6-10K and it runs great. I had been running more octane and it would load up on the top end and foul the plugs and sound just like your sled did. I believe that you are having the same problem. I have a buddy that had a 1000 with a OVS kit that ran 10 lbs with Av gas and it ran flawless. I would start with a bit less octane and throw some iridium plugs in there as well. I switched to BR9EIX plugs and it really helped on the top end. If all else fails give Travis or Gar a call. From what I have seen they are always willing to help a customer out.

On a different note I turn my red OFF when I get off the trail. The red is mainly for cruising on the trail at constant RPM's. If you turn it off in the hills it will also help clean your top end up. That came from Travis at OVS.

Last edited:
A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Sounds rich to me but your AF numbers are at about my max. Mine pulls the best around 11.8-12.0.

I can hear is start to load up when you get in and out of it just a bit a couple times before it really goes to hell.

I would cut the red completely. Then I would take your boost fuel up 1 point or two. Try and get your AF in the 12 range to be safe.

But it really sounds like it is over fueling. I don't know what box you have or the program but the yellow and red circut might be loading you up when you are blipping the throttle in and out.

On my sled I have found it is about as easy to tune the sled on boost fuel only, with just a touch of green to keep it cool when I get out of the throttle on a climb, or even one extra point of green on the trail ride in.

I can't run any red or yellow or is sounds just like yours.

Just watch your numbers and cut the fuel. Also if you take shut off your yellow and red you need to take the transistions all the way down also. I have found if I add one point of yellow, or move my yellow transistion above the fast flash. It will do just like your sled. EVERY TIME. And believe me I have tried everything.

2009 M1000 Twisted Turbo
Thunder

Last edited:
E
Mar 25, 2009
Was kinda having the same issue with an 09 M8. Sputtered at WOT after pulling hard for a bit. I was told by a tuner to try BR10EIX plugs with a tighter gap (.019"). Definitely get away from BR9EYA's, per what I was told. His explanation was the flame (spark) was being blown rite out on boost. Anyway, It worked for me, hope this helps.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Was kinda having the same issue with an 09 M8. Sputtered at WOT after pulling hard for a bit. I was told by a tuner to try BR10EIX plugs with a tighter gap (.019"). Definitely get away from BR9EYA's, per what I was told. His explanation was the flame (spark) was being blown rite out on boost. Anyway, It worked for me, hope this helps.

Interesting. Hmmmm

09snopro

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2008
Shelley, ID
Spark plug ?

Just to make sure you are running the BR10EIX not the BR9EIX? I really appreciate all the feed back on this post as well. I will keep you all posted as to what I find out.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO

that seems odd because the higher number plug means the cooler, 9's should be hotter

Dec 17, 2007
You want to be cautious leaning it out without fresh plugs. If plugs ae giving up and you lean out with old plugs and the plugs are the issue you might hurt a piston. Plugs are a simple fix. If problem is still there you have a set of plugs that can be reused. I do agree higher octane lead fouls plugs. I have to change plugs every 2 rides. I run sunoco 114.

Premium Features