• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NELP NEEDED!! Boondocker D8 pump gas turbo W/ EBC HELP NEEDED!!

S
Aug 4, 2001
Hey guys,

I have a 2009 D8 and need some tech help. Boondocker is apparently swamped with tech calls and I cannot get them to call back......so I turn to the real world experts......snowesters. I am in WA State will be riding 3000 - 6000. I have the Pump Gas setup W/ EBC and push to pass, I do not have the mini intercooler just the straight charge tube. I need to get some starting settings for both the boondocker fuel box and the EBC. My plan is to run Trick / clear pump premium (no ethanol) 50/50 @ 8 lbs of boost and 10 lbs on the push to pass button.

All Boonbocker could tell me when we did talk was the PSI settings of lo 38/ mid 48/ hi 58, 1325 deg operating EGT temp and to reflash the ECU to the 2009 flash. Need more info. Any folks out there that can or would be willing to give me some mapping info....I would be greatly appreciative. I can even meet up with you if you are local (I am in Renton)

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide.

Dave

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
I have the bd pump gas kit on my 08 800 dragon with the mini cooler and a manual boost controller. I would suggest going to their web sites and get the install manual and the starting numbers for the control box. They will be a little rich to start. Start with the low psi number. With partial throttle keep a close eye on your egt's. Start lowering the number until the egt's are steady at around 1250 degrees. You probably could go a little higher on the egt's but that's what I did and it seems to work for me. Do the same for mid throttle for the mid psi and high for full throttle. Do that with the boost psi turned down. After you get it working ok with low psi then try increasing the boost. Watch the egt's! If it is getting hot increase the numbers a little until you keep it where you want it for what ever throttle position your at. I am not sure on the ebc controller. If you are going to mix your fuel try to keep the mixture the same amounts all the time. If not it will change things abit. More race gas is good. More boost is great.

S
Oct 29, 2008
I have the bd pump gas kit on my 08 800 dragon with the mini cooler and a manual boost controller. I would suggest going to their web sites and get the install manual and the starting numbers for the control box. They will be a little rich to start. Start with the low psi number. With partial throttle keep a close eye on your egt's. Start lowering the number until the egt's are steady at around 1250 degrees. You probably could go a little higher on the egt's but that's what I did and it seems to work for me. Do the same for mid throttle for the mid psi and high for full throttle. Do that with the boost psi turned down. After you get it working ok with low psi then try increasing the boost. Watch the egt's! If it is getting hot increase the numbers a little until you keep it where you want it for what ever throttle position your at. I am not sure on the ebc controller. If you are going to mix your fuel try to keep the mixture the same amounts all the time. If not it will change things abit. More race gas is good. More boost is great.

Very solid advice, this is how I tuned my 08 TD8 with manual controler as well. I targeted 1275 but same process. I hope to switch to ebc this season but happy with what I got

R
Oct 18, 2010
Do you have an A/F gauge? You can also tune with that to have a little closer eye on things. It is essentially the same as tweaking with the EGT gauge, however I personally I found using an AFR gauge to be a bit easier to fine tune.

I have an Innovate LM-1 and a ton of tuning experience with cars, I would love to check out your setup and offer up any assitance if you are still looking for some help

Premium Features