• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 dragon turbo fit 2011 pro ride 800??

N

nocandoo

Dec 11, 2007
What would be involved in a change over on an 08 dragon 800 with a pump gas boondocker turbo onto a 2011 800 pro ride??????simple swap???????????anybody heard anything on this yet???

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I would guess a re-routing of the boost tubes & a new charge box would be needed. And I'm sure the exhaust pipe is at a different angle so you would have to change where you mated it to the turbo. -- All speculation of course, but it seems reasonable to me

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
This is a great question.

Basically nothing but the turbo itself and possibly the EBC or boost conroller will fit.

The angle of the throttle bodies is different... the airbox or mini-intercooler would need to be changed.

The mount and oil tank will be different as the chassis mounts and bulkhead fitment is different. The same goes for the tunnel dump exhaust and muffler if equipped.

The length of the fender should be ok so I guess the air filter would be OK.

The exhaust pipe is radically different... Just like with your kit, welding the new turbo tail-piece to the stock Pro Pipe would be necessary.

The charge tubes need to fit around the over-structure, so that too would not cross over to the new chassis.

Lastly... the new motor is a CFi 2... so a different controller "Boondocker Box" would be needed... The 2 injectors might not support fuel needs of higher boost.. so additional injector adapters or throttle bodies might be in order.

The new ECU and fuel rail is completely different... so the turbo companies are starting from ground zero here.. they have their work cut out for them this summer!!

Last edited:

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
aren't there fuel press. regulators right on the new "fuel rail" on these new ones....pretty sure there is a picture of them under one of the topics on this page. maybe they will be able to increase fuel pressure with the stock setup now??

Premium Features