• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help getting transfer out of the new '08 skids....

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Help!!! I have an 09 Crossfire SnoPro 800 with the 141 and I am trying to figure out how to get this suspension to do what I want. This mod sounds like it cured some of the M's of the same problems I have and I am trying to figure out how much of the info can be applied toward my sled. I have the Floats up front and the float rear skid with the zero pro middle shock.

When I bought this sled it came with something like 150 psi in the rear, couldnt even jump up and down to get it to move, I think I finally got it down to 125 psi and the fronts to maybe 60ish (can't remember exactly). I didn't really have much to complain about it when it came to boondocking but on the trail it rode so harsh. If I unclinch my feet they will slap up and down in the footwells with the bumps. Luckily I have a softer seat but it still just wore me out unnecessarily. Different adjustments made it better or worse but I would never have considered it right.

One of my tuning problems is that I ride so much different terrain throughout the year that I don't know if I will ever pin settings down (and once I am on the sled I stop wanting to work on it so most adjustments are done in the shop between trips). I will start off this year with the Crosfire width float front end and Cobra 1.5 studded on/off trail in Michigan, when snow piles up around me here in wisconsin I might take a ride out my back door on junky trails, back up to michigan, once the snow is deep enough in Michigan I will put the power claw on, and then when we go out to Togwotee area I have an M series set of a arms and zero pros with no sway bar (for the obvious benefits of sidehilling and carving).

I was pretty happy with the weight transfer of the sled from the factory once I got pressures figured out a bit better. It would hang the skis 4" off the trail with the studded track and still cornered great with my Powder Hounds and sway bar in.
I really think if I can just get it to ride acceptably on whooped out trails I will be able to figure out the rest and be completely happy with the sled. I am 185 without gear and I like to pack a tool bag and survival stuff in the rear of the sled, so maybe 205ish total?

Geo/anyone, can you help?

Last edited:

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
Back to the top.

Moving this ttt for the guys looking for this. I don't know how to link it to the other threads.

M
Mar 19, 2009
Geo, I noticed you mentioned you have or had some revs. Would this mod work on a rev or an xp?? I have a 08 m8 as well and am excited to try this. Thanks

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
This mod appears to be for the Pre-2009 M skids ...

Does this apply to the 2009+ M float skid as well?

C

CatRyder88

Dec 6, 2007
I would like to inform all you sled heads out there that i am offically coming out of the closet and would like to invite you all to a free for all on my ***!!! Fill it with all you can!

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
o8 skid improvment

I'm still riding my 07 m8 and I have tried all the various mods mentioned in this thread. My sled and suspension have more mounting possibilites than you can imagine. I have tried towo other skids in this sled.

So far the best improvment has been going to the 2011 valving in the rear shocks. Just got back from 6 hrs in the deep new powder. Looking back over the last 4 plus years with this sled, three suspension imrovements stand out.
The updated float rear in 08, a power claw track and now 2011 shock setup.
the Sled is way way better than 4 years ago out in the deep crap.

Premium Features