• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKINZ PROTECTIVE GEAR HELIUM ACCESS HOOD KIT

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
http://www.gobigparts.com/SKINZ-PROTECTIVE-GEAR-HELIUM-ACCESS-HOOD-KIT.html

What are your thoughts? I know this has been shown already just wondering what your thoughts are. Looks pretty good has some nice features listed below:

SPG HELIUM ACCESS HOOD KIT:
• Lightweight Hood fits like OEM without any modifications
• Durable TPO formed plastic construction
• Allows quick access to pipe mounted food warmers
• Includes windshield pak with larger storage area in headlight area
• Integrated headlight delete
• Additional storage area in front of hood
• Includes low FTEC windshield
• Includes all necessary hardware
• Durable painted finish
• Fits Polaris Axys RMK Models 16-17
• Comes in black or white. Make choice in pull-down menu below.

We will be handling these and can be preordered here:
http://www.gobigparts.com/SKINZ-PROTECTIVE-GEAR-HELIUM-ACCESS-HOOD-KIT.html

241-03560W.jpg

241-03695LMK.jpg

As always contact us if you have any questions.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I looked at these at haydays, looked to fit nice and be well built, I dont think snow ingestion will be an issue. Not sure I understand what they were after here though, looks? Weightloss? Muffpot access? Personally I think the stock hood looks better, and mounting the muffpot right to the side of your can works just fine. As far as weight loss goes I think I read 2-3lbs somewhere (correct me if I am wrong) which doesnt seem worth the price or hassle of loosing the headlight. Not for me, but the sure were alot of them on sleds at haydays, and I have seen a few of them in builds on facebook as well.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Well, I just placed an order for a black one. We'll see how it looks when I get it.

I will say, your shipping charge is very fair (18.95) unlike another seller of this hood, they wanted $74.95 to ship it -- their loss is your gain.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I really dont understand the point of this thing. Headlight delete drops almost the same weight and way less money. And th i personally think the stock hood looks better. Money could be better spent i think. But thats just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I really dont understand the point of this thing. Headlight delete drops almost the same weight and way less money. And th i personally think the stock hood looks better. Money could be better spent i think. But thats just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Larger storage area and additional storage as well as underhood access door.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Love

Oh man I would love one of these so much. I am a supreme goggle fogger and it seems like that little pouch on the front would be so perfect for defogging goggles. Right now I'm broke because I just bought a brand new Axys, but if money loosens up, I would love to get one of these.

Premium Features