• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bottom bog on sled

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Bottom bog back 2015 M600 Sno Pro here’s what I’ve done.
I replaced the clutch and springs. TSS still might be but can TSS cause it to be intermittent? I Runs polaris red Race oil can this be? I run Red Race oil in my 12 M8 no issues. Can the oil cause this? I hear run C-Tec oil?? Any help please.

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Bog

When does the bog occur? Deep snow, side hill, going WFO, when cold , warm, etc. sorry if i missed this info on your other post

It happens all day their is no specific time. Cold I warm up it will do it when taking off. Most of time I would say it’s when you hit the throttle at bottom end to either Hit Hill, Got to Side Hill most of it is when you 0-1/4 throttle then stab it. It will dam near throw you over bars. From 1/2 throttle to WOT no issues. It does it all day warm and cold.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Bottom bog back 2015 M600 Sno Pro here’s what I’ve done.
I replaced the clutch and springs. TSS still might be but can TSS cause it to be intermittent? I Runs polaris red Race oil can this be? I run Red Race oil in my 12 M8 no issues. Can the oil cause this? I hear run C-Tec oil?? Any help please.

There was a thread on this earlier and it had to do with a dampener on the fuel rail. The 2018 has the dampener, some guys were updating their sleds with this. I never really heard any results, to me when the subject goes quiet it is usually fixed. I don't think the oil will be the issue unless it sticking the power valves, why not just run the c-tec and eliminate it. Install a tether and by pass the tss something else eliminated. Did you check the power valve cable length and ensure they are both to spec?

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
If it happens primarily at the very beginning of throttle movement I would agree with the TSS being a factor. At the very beginning of throttle flipper movement the thumb needs to be perfectly aligned with the flipper so that the flipper pin moves squarely to the switch. If not the instant bog will happen. Not all switches are as sticky (sensitive) but on my machine it was very sticky when new and it took a bit for me to get familiar with the new thumb to flipper relationship. It does not happen at higher throttle settings because by then there is enough pressure to keep the pivot pin fully engaged.

Premium Features