• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 hand warmers

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Any one having issues mine and 2 of my friends,are not working? Fourth one took it to a dealer and was told the wires came off the switch and was given a 84$ bill for warranty work, really?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Hand Warmer Switch Wires

I took that panel off when I installed my new steering post bushings.

The plastic connectors don't seem to have a detent to lock them on and the harness isn't any too long for getting your hands in there to push them on snug. Probably the first thing anyone should check out if their warmers aren't working. Not the best design.

A

autowrench

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Lake, CO
I had similar problems. Both hand warmers were replaced. switch was reconnected. Later, the gages froze in kilometer mode and wouldn't come out of it. Turned out to be a bad wiring harness. Warranty repair. Been trouble free in that respect the rest of the season and all this season.
Tom

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
mine stopped working on my 12, took the grip off, glue surrounding connection to the warmers let go..put them back in place with some electrical tape rolled the grip back on and all is good now. this is on regular rmk bars not pro-tapers so possible difference there have not looked close at a 14. simple fix if its the same

Premium Features