• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProTaper Mountain Bar Mount???

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Can I buy just the cross bar that the mountain bar attaches to?
That piece the pad covers.

For whatever reason my bar setup does not have the stock cross bar setup, and I'm trying to figure things out. (I Purchased a used Pro RMK recently.)

I do not see a part number specific to this crossbar/pad... Is it part of the "handle bar assembly" or part of the "mountain bar/strap"??

I have the mountain bar and nuts, even have the clamps for the bars; just after the crossbar itself to properly attach the strap. I can make the pad I have work..

11800P~1 copy.jpg

Last edited:
R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Bump in hopes that someone with some idea on this matter comes along. :)
Will run it by the local dealer later this week..

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Its part of the Handlebars...

It would be called the cross bar.. But made with the handle bars..

You can either buy Pro Tapers that come with it or RSI Bars do also..

Thanks.
Thats rediculous.
But, makes sense for making the most $ off parts... Why sell a $4 piece when you can sell a $115 piece and stick it to the customer.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
RSI has a very similar bar at $60 in 5" and 7" rise (5" shown)

AB-5-B.jpg

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
you may be able to call pro taper direct and get the part from them without having to buy the entire bar setup.

Thanks, I'll look into that option. ^^

I really don't need nor want new bars. I can make the ones I have work w/ the custom mtn bar bracket the prev. owner built...but just thought this would be an easy/cheap cross bar replacement and get back to riding, I guess not.

Thanks for all the suggestions and info guys, I do appreciate it~

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Update: ProTaper [direct] does not sell "parts" for these handle bars..and suggested I go through Polaris instead.
Update: Polaris [dealer] does not sell just the cross bar, but will sell the whole bar setup for $150... (Which, we basically already knew from above.)

><

Last edited:
Premium Features