• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Western Snowmobile Trip in December

S
My buddies and I are trying to plan a trip out West. We can go anywhere in the Rockies, Sierras or anywhere else it snows. I know that mother nature changes from year to year and no one can predict it but we are wondering where we typically can ride backcountry in December. Any input would be appreciated.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Most anywhere there is a mountain there will be snow! Maine is a long drive to make for questionable snow condition, I would keep a close eye on the conditions and make a decision when the time gets close. Snowies usually have good snow by then, the Horns are marginal some years, Tog is usually good , Cooke should be good, W. Yellowstone if unpredictable....the list goes on. Leave yourself open to go where the snow is best.

S
Thanks for the input. Yes, Maine is a very long ways to go. Last time we went out on December 5th at 1000 Peaks Ranch in Utah and just had the time of our lives. Ideally we should wait until January but we have so much snow here at that time we do not want to leave.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
We have really good riding in mid to late Dec. in Eastern OR. It hits about every other yr. So by my calendar this will be the yr. for good riding in Dec. and hopefully thru the rest of the season if the pattern holds true. We will see. Seams like the snowies get some good snow in Dec. sometimes. There is always Canada. Hopeing Revy is going to be good over christmas break?

S
We have not looked into Oregon but like my post says. We have permission from the woman to go anywhere we would like in North America. This is why I am looking for some guidance.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Keep em coming

S
Yes, I think that is what we will do. We are also thinking of making the trip out to Preston to ride with Kelsey but he tells us the snow in December is not always deep enough in your area this time of year.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Maine...Wow that Kelsey fella must really rank!

I was thinking Burandt...maybe Adams....maybe Hoff up in the BC...but Kelsey? Didn't see that one coming!

:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features