• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Safest place to ride right now?

I
Oct 10, 2009
SLC, UT
I know people don't like revealing their stashes, but there sure is plenty to go around this weekend anyway. What are some good safe places to go to ride when the avy danger is as high as it is these days? My friend and I were going to go up today, but after checking the report this morning we decided to just go ski the resort (we're primarily skiers who are just getting into sledding). Are there some big flat areas that are safe right now?

We were going to go to snake creek to sled/ski today, but I'm quite sure all the spots up there we would go to ski are not safe right now.

thanks!

oh and if any of you guys were up in american fork (I think that's where we were) and helped a couple skiers get their sleds unstuck on wed. thanks a ton! whoever that was taught us some solid techniques.

D
Sep 19, 2008
Sandy, UT
oh and if any of you guys were up in american fork (I think that's where we were) and helped a couple skiers get their sleds unstuck on wed. thanks a ton! whoever that was taught us some solid techniques.

Where you possibly at Guardsman pass? I know JTrue helped 2 people get unstuck pretty close to the gate on Wednesday.

I think Soapstone Basin in the Uintas would be pretty safe right now but I can't tell if that area got much snow or not.

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
Where you possibly at Guardsman pass? I know JTrue helped 2 people get unstuck pretty close to the gate on Wednesday.

I think Soapstone Basin in the Uintas would be pretty safe right now but I can't tell if that area got much snow or not.

Soapstone got plenty. I'll be makin first tracks in all my secret stashes tomorrow morning:D

Premium Features