• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remembering Animal......

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
It sounds so cliche (sorry my spell check thing got lost) but time goes by way to fast. My baby ( Kyle would kill me if I called him that) is 10 I have had some good times with my kids but I have seen them go from dropping everything even friends to run to Home Depot with dad to naw dad Im busy ( playing a damn computer game) even my boy does that. He used to love to go anywhere with me, I reckon its normal but I sure miss the devotion. The other day my oldest daughter wanted to go to the desert on the fourwheelers, man that made my whole week! I have failed at many things in life I am determined not to fail as a dad, I have seen the fallout of kids thinking they are less then second in their dads lives. I dont know thw answers but I do know time is huge, I went to a chick flick with my 14yr old daughter...I hope she knows my sacrifice!;)

We need to schedule some kid rides. Kim has offerd his cabin so they have a nice place to warm up, we need to make this happen fellas!

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
That is a great Idea Kev.:beer;:beer;
I am planning a kids/guys ride up in franklin for my birthday around march 28.
Should be warmer, and hopefully some snow.
May be a drive for some, but all snowesters are welcome.
As it gets closer I will post details.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
hear hear Kev!:beer; Definitely something I took away from Dave, as well as you too. Being a Proud Pop is the best feeling in life.:)

I think all you Utards have that love for family, dont know if it all came from Animal or if you all are that good of people.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Anyone remember how he was talking about jumping on his kids trampoline?? He said he was working on his "balance" for sledden season!! Don't know why but I thought of that driving down the road today:)

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I just want to share a card from Animal's ladies that is intended for everyone who opened their wallets and hearts this past Christmas. Great people all the way around! Sometimes life can seem hard and complicated, opportunities to love and give sure seem to help things make more sense! Thank you very much to all of you for your friendships with me, and your giving ways toward these great gals! :face-icon-small-hap

Card: Thank You! (inside) There are times when a simple "thank you" just isn't enough.

From each of the girls:
Thank you so very much!! You are all amazing and we are so grateful for you!! God Bless You!
Staci

Thank you for everything you have done for us. We are the luckiest four girls in the work to have you guys in our lives! Thank you, and we love you!
Michelle

Thank you all so much for continuously blessing our lives! We love you so much
Janene

Our Snowest Friends-
Staci, Janene, Michelle and I know what an awesome and amazing guy our dad and husband was (is). But we are continually reminded of how terrific he was to others and the impact he had on your lives by your thoughtfulness and kindness. May your lives be abundantly blessed for the love you have shown to us in many ways. Your never ending friendship has enriched my life!
Thank you - Love,
Carolyn

S
Dec 2, 2007
Cottonwood
Planning on it my love!

That is a great Idea Kev.:beer;:beer;
I am planning a kids/guys ride up in franklin for my birthday around march 28.
Should be warmer, and hopefully some snow.
May be a drive for some, but all snowesters are welcome.
As it gets closer I will post details.

We will bless you with our arrival senor!!

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Kim,

Thanks for sharing the card from Staci, Janene, Michelle and Carolyn.

I know that interest and support taper off year over year but what you coordinate, and some of us support, each year continues to make a difference in the Johnson families lives.

You do good Kim; we that know you are proud of you and what you represent.

Rich

C

cowboysedge

Apr 3, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
With all the aftermath of the Revy Avalanche, I couldn't help but think of the one man that lost his life, the one life lost that opened so many eyes! The one life lost that opened so many minds to avalanche awareness.

RIP Animal!

Last edited:

numbskull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2003
Riverton, UT
is there any kind of memorial on a tree near the slope where this happened? whenever we'd come across one of these plaques while riding in WA, it was always a humbling reminder of the danger we needed to be aware of.

where exactly did this incident occur? I believe it was at Fairview?? I could be wrong but always think about it when we ride that area...

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
You are correct....the accident was in Fairview Canyon, actually straight East of Mt. Pleasant, on the East slope of Choke Cherry Ridge. We left his broken hood hanging in the tree where we found him. It was still there last year. I would like to have a plaque made. I've thought about that a few times.

Last edited:

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
You are correct....the accident was in Fairview Canyon, actually straight East of Mt. Pleasant, on the West slope of Choke Cherry Ridge. We left his broken hood handing in the tree where we found him. It was still there last year. I would like to have a plaque made. I've thought about that a few times.

I got a friend that does good wood work. let me know and we can set something up and I will go with you to put it up.:beer;

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
I'd like to be there too.

We didn't get an "Animal Ride" this year; perhaps we can instead make a more permanent memorial.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I would like to find a good quote about friendship for the plaque that would exemplify who Dave is to so many of us. Dave was a true friend in life, and left a legacy through which so many new friendships were formed and existing friendships turned into brotherhood!

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
I was removed from Dave and never knew him personally, but feel like I do through all of you and see the bonds that he created. I feel inspired by him and will take an attempt for you Kim.

Dave Wayne Johnson
"ANIMAL"
XXXX-2005

“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."
His spirit of love, friends, and giving lives on in a brotherhood who will always remember. "Live to ride another day."

Don't know, maybe that will at least be a start and spark something. You can feel free to craft and edit until it is just right to you. Something along those lines seems like what I get from the outside looking in.......

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I never cease to be amazed by the devotion you guys display towards Animal.

We should all be so lucky as to have the type of friends that he has!

Just an idea, but maybe try to permantly affix the hood to the tree and then hang the plaque and an explanantion below it. Think how many guys probably wonder why the hood is there and go for a look.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
Jed....that is awesome! I like it a lot!

X....we were all lucky to have such a friend, and his passing has left a big void! I think he touched more lives in a positive way through his death than almost anyone I have personally known. I am certain all of us his friends, and even people who never knew him or us, ride more safely today!

numbskull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2003
Riverton, UT
This is very upsetting that we can no longer talk to each other in a thread with a lot of posts.....especially when trying to do something positive, such as this! The greed has ruined what was once a great forum, IMO!

but aren't we paying for it to be a better service? nothing is ever free so I just upgraded... $30 for 3 years seems like a deal (compared to how much I spend on other things for this sport).

Premium Features