• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dem corners Bernanke - demands answers page by page for 1/2 Trillion of our $

B
Dec 31, 2007
Lolo, MT
Oops, hit a key that saved this before I was done with the title and now I can't change it.

Democratic Senator Alan Grayson scores again. This time reaming out Ben Bernanke and asking him questions he's obviously never been asked before about the half a trillion of our tax money given to other countries, the lack of accountability in the Federal Reserve and schools him on the Constitution and asks what authority Bernanke has to do it. This guy has balls. The clip of him grilling some lady member of the Fed a few weeks ago went viral as well. Watch Bernanke squirm and listen to Barney Frank prompting him in the background.

He brings up specifics in the Fed's balance sheet, gives page numbers and stats and asks for explanations. Priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF3UFKMmLAg

HR 1207 by Ron Paul has 282 cosponsors. It's purpose is "To amend title 31, United States Code, to reform the manner in which the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is audited by the Comptroller General of the United States and the manner in which such audits are reported, and for other purposes."

Please check if your Rep is sponsoring this and if not, write them or call them. You can go to www.thomas.gov, plug in HR1207, make sure the bullet for "bill number" is checked, click on the "cosponsors" link to see the list.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
wow, a politician actually trying to do the right thing.
It's amazing.
A dem even. Like I have said before, there are some good dems out there.
Too bad there arn't enough good politicians out there to back em up.

redlineguy

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2004
CT
Ollie I think ALL the Dem's and 3 Reps Voted for the 787 Billion so this is to little to late IMO.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
It is one thing to be idealistick and another to be flat out corrupt.
There are a lot that voted for pork-u-lus because they truly thought it was a good thing, then there are the ones (like Palosi) that voted for it as a means to gather more federal power.

I have no problem with idealisticks that truly want to help. It's the ones that have been bought and paid for by special interest groups, the ones who govern in direct defiance of the ones they are supposed to represent. If they held the elections today, I am willing to bet washington would look a LOT different. IT would still be corrupt, but it would look different.

Premium Features