• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

REV without hand warmers

C
Oct 3, 2008
Bend Oregon
I really need to get my 06 summit x hand warmers fixed. I am not sure what made them go out. My thumb warmer is still working but no the hand warmers. I can see a bare wire on the right side grip. Can I somehow repare this? Can you open up the grip to expose the wires? Is there a fuse that might have killed them as well?

Thanks

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
They should plug into the connector underneath the handlebar pad. I had the same thing happen on my 08 Summit, one side went out then a week later the other side went out. I ohmed them out and they showed an open circuit, so I took them to my local dealer and they replaced them for free since my warranty was still good. I've heard that these Doo hand warmers don't last very long, next time they go out I am going to replace them with a better version.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
My 04 lost a hand warmer. It comes as a complete unit, grip and heater are one. As stated above mine plugged in at the handle bar mount. 37 frogskins for one grip...our 08 phazer went out and yamahahaha wanted $150 a piece :confused: Dino

Premium Features