• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hill climb ecu who's running one?

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Would really love to get the Hill Climb re-flash on my 3 Suzuki 800 HO's, but I'm not on a race team, just your average sled-head looking for a power upgrade. Higher octane fuel availability is not a problem here locally with adding AV 100LL to non-ethanol 91. Is there a way to purchase, beg, borrow or steal a re-flash???

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
I havent done the reflash, but i did advance timing 2.5 degrees along with numerous motor mods. tuned my sled and primary clutch on a dyno at close to 4000ft. peek hp was at 8090rpm and average run for all runs was 187hp. I'm running 72.4gr, 5 days on hill so far and seems to be weighted ok. have hit 8200 a couple of times but really havent been in anything deeper than the boards so far, so waiting for a deep day at elevation before i change anything.

positive im not getting this to the snow, has to be the secondary is holding it back, ive tried 42, 45,and back to a 48 degree helix. super happy in all snow and most riding, my riding buddies say and feel i have it dialed as good as it can be, snappy and clean throughout the power band, but i cannot get her track speed up and hook up to do a straight climb pull. stock 164 doo will make me look stupid everytime once it gets steep and bottomless. now it isnt a huge deal, but the last option is drop and roll with 8" drivers. nowhere else to look as i geared up to 21/49 from new

when you playing with helix, you need to playing with secondary spring i too, if not you will lose upshift and your rpm will raise alot because your primary will following your secondary. It's a balance between secondary spring tension and helix angle that your will find your backshift/upshift, next step is primary clutch.

IMO i always choose shallow helix and soft secondary spring... my 16' team clutch and 18 team 2 clutch are on this way i too.

S
Jan 18, 2010
NY
These racer tunes are just another example of why racing is dead,hill climb, hilldrags,grass drags don't matter it spoils it for everyone.Why would anyone invest the time in setting up sleds,haul all over the place to run and never be competitive??.If it's not available to everyone it should not be allowed in stock class racing.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
These racer tunes are just another example of why racing is dead,hill climb, hilldrags,grass drags don't matter it spoils it for everyone.Why would anyone invest the time in setting up sleds,haul all over the place to run and never be competitive??.If it's not available to everyone it should not be allowed in stock class racing.

IT JUST MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH EPA REGULATIONS??:juggle:

Premium Features