• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Liquid Image video goggles.

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Got to try out a set of liquid image 720p video goggles and thought I would share this video to show the quality.

Goggles are a tight fit for my hjc helmet but they worked good once I got them positioned. They are very easy to use and also take still pictures. I usually have fogging issues and never once fogged in these goggles.

I will definately be buying a pair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVM-bOKQoDU&context=C2f6eaADOEgsToPDskLna3CWr9At9UdzkxEqN53B

Last edited:

Carbon77

Lifetime Membership
Jun 12, 2008
Yakivegas, WA
Great quality. I just like the ability to mount the other cams pretty much anywhere instead of just one view.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Those are bad azz...I was reading faq's and did not get an answer. How do you take still photo's? is there a button? where do you toggle between vid and stills? are there cords?

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Those are bad azz...I was reading faq's and did not get an answer. How do you take still photo's? is there a button? where do you toggle between vid and stills? are there cords?

If you look at the link I posted you will see 2 buttons on the right hand side of the goggle as your wearing them. The bottom button is to power on/off(must hold for a second or more) this button also switches from video to picture mode by pushing button without holding it. The top button is the start/stop button for video and the button to take pictures when in picture mode.

No cords, except for the cord to use when downloading to the computer. Takes a cell phone type battery, and a micro sd card like most the smart phones use now.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
thanx for the vid..i ordered the goggles..trade show special 2 hundred..got the last set and they are in the mail..im super stoked after seeing your vid..

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I rep'd for this company at Jackson and got them going in the sled industry. I have tons and tons of them left as my compensation...$200 if anybody wants em PM they are a super fun novelty item. Got over 100 solid hours of video last riding season and throughout the summer. My test group has all had great luck with them and pretty universally like the product. You won't be making Sled Necks 23 with them but they are excellent for personal use. Decent goggles and a good 720 video cam. Super simple to use and they beat the pants off of my contour and in many ways the go pro. Simply a better POV system because they are always set right where you look. Quality of the vid just isn't as good as the box head stuff. Still shots are suspect because of the degree of lense but all in all a great product for 200 bucks! Worth it FUN

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
I'm not up on this 1080 vs 720 thing. What's the difference? Would the 1080 set at 720 and 60 frames per sec be not as jerky as the reg 720 at 30 frames per second. I've got a early Gopro and am not happy with how jerky everthing looks.

Ken......

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I have black and red frames...clear, amber, and the standard polarized chrome.

The 720 versus 1080 is not necessarily the important aspect. The frames that it shoots per is...the higher shooting rate of the 1080 but set at 720 is the coolest aspect. I have not tested the 1080 shot at 720 but the ones we ran all last year and all summer worked great. For 200 bones it's a no brainer AND YOU ABSOLUTELY GET YOUR MONIES WORTH...spending double that or more for 1080 set ups might be. Can't help you there. Anyway I've gotten litterly hundreds of instances of awesome use on my own personal set. Like I said before medium at best goggles but a kick butt POV system that is simple and fun.

If you go to youtube and type in LIC snowmobile video to the search forth one down you'll see Chris Burandt running in front of 208 or or now 509 Phil using the my goggles for his very first try. We threw together a NO budget minor league clip to show em working. NOT BAD at all.

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
A couple of cool features of the 1080's are the ability to shoot in either 1080 or 720 mode.

The difference between the 2 is this if you think of a standard tv screen it generally is showing 480 vertical lines of resolution to give you your picture, a film shot in 720 mode will give you 720 lines of resolution and a 1080 mode will give you 1080 lines. The more lines the sharper clearer the picture. This is a simplified version without the technical mumbo jumbo.

The 1080's also have a mode that you can switch to that will take a still picture every 2 seconds great for that awesome drop!! You also have the ability to mount a wedge on the camera to change the camera angle by 10 degrees.

These are a dual lens goggle the lenses are made by oakley and come with the ionized lens and the amber, the rechargeable litium ion battery, 4 GB Micro SD Card, 1 Micro Bag, USB Cable and RCA Cable.

Let me tell you these things are the bomb!!! I am really excited about them!! The overbrightening issue that the 720's had have been addressed in the 1080's and they have more functionality these are the ticket to ride!

We have limited quantities available on this first shipment in. Shoot us a pm if you are interested in picking up a pair!

Jan

Premium Features