• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 polaris dragon 800 going into limp mode.

D
Feb 9, 2015
My 09 polaris dragon 800 keeps going into limp mode. What it will do is the cel light will come on around 6800-7000 rpm. It will come on a couple of times then go into limp mode. I have tried messing with the ethanol wires but didn't make a difference. I always run shell 91 fuel with no ethanol. What would happen if I have the wires plugged in and running ethanol free fuel. This would theoretically stop the sled from going into limp mode? The limp mode is caused from it running to lean? Or could there be something wrong with detonation sensor? I'm not suRe wat to do next. Thanks for any help in advance!!

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
You should have them plugged together when you are running non ethanol fuel. Unplugging them will richen the fuel mixture so you might prevent detonation by unplugging them. Do you have a full tank of fresh fuel in your sled? Old fuel even with stabilizer will cause detonation.

Premium Features