• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone put a lightweight hood on their edge?

K

koschak

Jan 16, 2008
Northern Minnesota
I have a lightweight hood to put on my 03 pro x and am looking for ideas on what to do for venting and lights. What have you done for an intake plenum? Any other ideas on what to do for these hoods?

F

freak58trio

Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Washington
What kind of hood is it ? If it's a mountain fit hood they make a piece
that goes up under where the light would be. Most of the light weight hood's
i've seen holes drilled in them for venting or i believe Tri-city Polaris has a vent kit for the hood.
I like my light's mounted on the riser vs. the hood myself.

K

koschak

Jan 16, 2008
Northern Minnesota
It is from xxxmods on here, what type of lights do you have mounted over your riser? It clears the windshield? How about a speedo and a tach? I would like to have covered vents to keep the engine compartment clean all the time.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
mountain fit hoods makes a shelf to put in it an vents, it is worthless w/o the shelf if you have a airbox

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
mine is a mountain fit hood for my intake i used 3 inch pvc fittings and pipe, 2 45 degree pieces to come back and up, and about a 6 inch long piece perferated with holes coming up. I got some water proof intake screen and sewed up a sock to go over it, it may look somewhat hoaky but it works awsome, mountain fit also makes a vent kit that I installed works good also. I cannot remember the brand of lights but any small wattage fog lights will work, I think mine are like 35 watts each, here are some pics.

DSC03223.jpg DSC03227.jpg DSC03241.JPG

kaschak, we do have an air box shelf that gos under the headlight similar to the stock one. It allows cold air to enter threw the headlight vent which makes it possible to use your stock air box. Give us a call or shoot us an email and we will take care of you.
Thanx XXXMODRODS

N
Nov 2, 2004
Michigan Flats
I modified a stock edge air shelf to fit.
But I dont have pics of it though as shes been long gone.
But here is a front and side view.

markdec2006004.jpg

markdec2006002.jpg

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
007_19_edited.jpg

Mountain fit hood with phifertex material used for vents. I epoxied the phifertex to velcro and velcro'd it to the hood. It worked great. The headlight is an Acerbis Cyclops headlight with high/low. I don't believe they make them anymore.

Premium Features