• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Camso DTS 129 Kit Install on a 2017 Husky FE501

D
Nov 22, 2017
I hope this is cool with the mods, but I thought I would start a thread to document my 2018 Camso DTS 129 kit install on my 2017 Husky FE501

So kit arrived yesterday, from my dealer. Valley Moto Sports in Kelowna, BC. So haven't had a whole lot of time to go through everything but thought I'd kick it off with some pics of the before and some questions and concerns I have at the moment.

Outside of what came with kit I have bought the following:

.62 spring forks
grip heaters
light bar
hour meter with tach

What I still think I need
temperature guage
rad braces, slidable covers to open close the air flow allowed into the rads
engine cover

Concerns at the moment:

Heat management is number 1. I've heard and read that keeping the bike in the correct operating temperature is really hard. So my plan is a engine cover and slidable louvers on the rad to block air flow.

Blown valve cover gaskets, gotta look at what's the best option for keeping moisture out of the vent tube so that freeze ups don't happen

that's it I'll be finishing off the install this weekend and will post results. Let me know if there is anything anybody wants detail photos of.

kitbigbitsunpack.jpg kitsmallbits.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Perfect!!!
Welcome to the forums and post away!!!!!

Keep us updated with lots of nice big photo eye candy!!!
Lots of detailed photos of the process along the way.

-unsound

Lifetime Membership
Oct 18, 2013
Fort Sask, Alberta
Sounds like a good list. I would still consider getting a thermobob as I've found on my 500EXC the stock thermostat closed still bypasses too much to bring the bike up to temp. Although Im not sure if your bike has the same cooling setup

D
Nov 22, 2017
Sounds like a good list. I would still consider getting a thermobob as I've found on my 500EXC the stock thermostat closed still bypasses too much to bring the bike up to temp. Although Im not sure if your bike has the same cooling setup

I don't know either, but it just so happens the Vernon snow show is happening tonight. It's about an hour from my house. I'm going to go and hope all the big players are going to be there. Hopefully Ian from Rider's edge is there, he's very skilled in snow bikes and is also a Husky dealer so hopefully he shed some light on it for me (us).

He's a contributor to the VernonSnowMX series

http://www.vernonsnowmx.com/

here's the shop talk video where they talk about heat problems in snow bikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqR4GMEeZwU

Premium Features