• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom MCX Nypex

M
Jan 14, 2004
Update May 1, 2013.

I rode this sled a grand total of 3 days this year so it seems kinda pointless to hang onto it, someone who is actually going to ride it might as well have it. Since these pics were shot I have added Zbroz skid shocks, a custom front bumper, and a few other odds and ends. For some reason I've had a few inquiries as to whether it is still for sale or not lately (I guess not everyone is thrilled with the new Yamcat option) so I thought I'd move it back up to the top. The addition of the clicker Zbroz has made the seld much more versatile as you can really dial in what you want it to do. I'm dropping the price $5600 bucks to $22,900, I will also look at partial trades involving 450 or bigger dirt bikes. The plastics in the outdoor pic are off of my Nytro, I will include brand new plastics or I will pay for a custom wrap your choice.

Vid from this season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQ2UQtr2rU

Pm Me

M5

I'm putting my brand new Nypex up for sale. This sled is a custom front to rear build by me completed at the end of February 2012. The donor Apex motor had 1998 miles on it and came from a sled I owned so I know its a good motor. I have ridden the sled about 400 miles since it was built, it flat out rocks. I pretty much have everything here to build a new one if I want to so I thought I'd see if there was any interest out there. As there were basically no MCX Nypex kits available last year I ended up taking an Apex 290 kit and modding it for the Nypex. A/F's are dead nuts on this sled it runs perfect. The intercooler is built modularily so if a guy wanted to switch to water/air its ready to go. I built the sled as a boondocker not a chute slayer so if you are into climbing you'll want a different skid for sure, but if you like a sled that is loose and dials a turn like crazy and is just plain fun to ride and doesn`t wear you out this might be for you. The sled still climbs like crazy but it likes to wheelie. I haven't had this one on the scales but I would guess its right around 615 ready to ride no fuel on the back. The header is built using SS Rx1 headers so that if (when) they crack you can slap a new set in pretty quick and cheaply.

So here's what its got:

MCX 290 Turbo
Custom chassis/tunnel heated running boards etc
Powder coated everything $$$$
Camo 162 2.5 CE single ply
Avid drivers M Style
Reverse 19 40 gearing
2006 Apex motor with 60 thou shim good to 17 lbs I run 94 octane
Ice age rails with Cat guts could be changed to Kmod or ???
Stock front end
Cromo steering post
Full guages AEM wideband liquid filled boost guage
Tether

I know there`s more but you get the drift. I don`t need to sell this and quite frankly I kinda hope it doesn`t sell so I don`t have to build another one but if it does I still have an MCX nytro to ride here and my son isn`t getting out much cause of university so there you go. LOL. I have about 600 hours into this build hence the price.

I`m asking $28,500 I know that seems like a lot of $$ and it is, but you can`t build one for that unless you do ALL the work. I`ll consider MCX nytros or Timbersled snowbikes on trade. I don`t want your 03 King Cat or a go kart or lawn mower etc etc. sled is located in Calgary area.

Vids of the sled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=238adEpJeAk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxBkB-wGxxw&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0-8S1sPBU&feature=channel&list=UL

PM if interested

M5

IMG_0483small.jpg DSCN0005small.jpg DSCN0007small.jpg DSCN0008small.jpg DSCN0011small.jpg DSCN0025small.jpg DSCN0028small.jpg DSCN2109small.jpg

Last edited:
J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
why didnt your powder coat the a arms? maybe i missed it but what year is the nytro and how many miles are on the chassis?

M
Jan 14, 2004
The A arms are powder coated Extreme chrome, same as the skid parts. Chassis is brand new, Ive put 400 miles on it.

M5

M
Jan 14, 2004
I can make changes as required if somebody wants something set up differently, things like shocks and front ends and even skids, I have lots of flexability here to make this exactly what you want.

M5

S

Stewd

Nov 15, 2009
Calgary Ab
Paul I think you are downplaying the fabrication on this snowmobile, hands down it is one the finest crafted snowmobiles on the snow. I have seen this sled during the build process as well as fully complete and I can assure anyone that is interested that you will not find a better crafted sled.

Good luck on the sale, whomever purchases will not be disappointed.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Well I got a snowbike so I don't relly need one of those anymore but I would also take a Nytro stock or turboed on trade, not interested in supers, or I'd look at a Polaris Pro. I'm going to order Zbroz shocks front and rear for this so if somebody is interested I'll order and pay for them valved to your specs otherwise they'll be set up for a 200lb (gear on) rider.

M5

M
Jan 14, 2004
Well I seem to not be riding this as much as I had hoped so TTT with it. The sled now has Exit shocks on the skid but I haven't done the fronts yet, I will if somebody wants them custom valved. The Exits on the rear are awesome I love the adjustability. Will look at trades etc or decent cash offers. I'm still looking for a clean low mileage Honda VFR800 06 or newer preferably with ABS.

Here's a vid from a few weeks ago of the sled in action

M5

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
Well I seem to not be riding this as much as I had hoped so TTT with it. The sled now has Exit shocks on the skid but I haven't done the fronts yet, I will if somebody wants them custom valved. The Exits on the rear are awesome I love the adjustability. Will look at trades etc or decent cash offers. I'm still looking for a clean low mileage Honda VFR800 06 or newer preferably with ABS.

Here's a vid from a few weeks ago of the sled in action

M5

Very nice sled good luck with the sale.

Just a quick question tho whos tunnel is that??

M
Jan 14, 2004
You can barely buy the parts for this price let alone the labour. I'd look at a stock Nytro or Apex on trade that I can use for skiing. This sled will flat out hammer a 270 Nytro, I've done it so I know.

M5

M
Jan 14, 2004
If somebody is helbent on having a 174 I can convert this by fabbing a new tail section and swapping out the skid to whatever ie Baker skid or??

M5

M
Jan 14, 2004
4700 views, guess it must be overpriced, I find it hard to fathom why somebody would start a Nytro build when you can buy this sled for less $$, mind boggling really.

$18,900

M5

Premium Features