• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a rear shock kit

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
120 REAR SHOCK KIT

Want to put a shock on the rear of my son's Polaris 120. Found a kit on ebay. Wondering if anyone has one for sale or knows someone on here who sells them.

I put one together for my daughter's POLARIS 120 (2008)

I got the info from www.hardcoresledder.com mini-sled forum

PARTS NEEDED

Start with a 77-78 Arctic Cat front ski shock, KIMPEX part # 08-114-14. approx $25.00 from mail order houses, Keep in mind that it's an oil shock, skinny shaft UP (fat body down) in order for it to work.

(1) 10.82" long 5/8" diameter steel shaft, threaded for 5/16" on the ends

(1) 5.28" long 5/8" diameter steel shaft, threaded for 5/16" on the ends

(3) 6" lengths of gas pipe (from the hardware store) serves as some 5/8" I.D spacers to center that shock, or you can use those 5/8" locking collars with a set screw holding 'em in place.

(4) 5/16" coarse thread bolts with flat washers and lock washers

(4) 5/8" I.D. flat washers to fit over the shafts and go up against the shock rubber eye mounts

INSTALLATION

Drill (2) 5/16"DIAMETER holes in the tunnel (just forward of the upper rear bogie wheels) as per pix in H.C.S., make sure you're into the steel back plates and just clear the upper rear bogie wheels

Drill (2) more 5/16" diameter holes in the aluminum rails per H.C.S. pix (APPROX 1" FORWARD OF THE EXISTING 5/16" RAIL holes=drilling approx 14" ahead of the rear axle)

DO NOT CUT/MODIFY the suspension swing arm. As long as you follow the placement of the holes as outlined above, the shock will clear, it's a little close, but still 1/4" + clearance.

TIP: I located and attached the upper shaft and shock first, then temporarily located the lower holes to check clearance prior to drilling.

This kit works GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe www.recmotors.com wants $160.00 for the rear shock kit, looks amazingly similar to this one.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Premium Features