• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NOOOoooo..... not a zillion sub forums

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Ok, let's not get carried away. The Polaris forum has like 10 posts a day in it. Now there are 6 different subfolders. YUCK!!!

The 900 sub forum was fine, guys have wanted that. But no one has been asking for all these other forums and the traffic doesn't warrant it. For someone who follows the Polaris (or other OEM) forum clicking through those subforums sucks.

sled_guy

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I thought it worked good the way it has been. This makes it more difficult for someone posting a question to get a answer.....not everyone will look in every sub category, but they may have answers for posts in those areas.
IMO a category for the LATEST model....M, XP etc....and then all others, since the latest models seem to get the most attention. JMO :beer;:)

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I gotta agree with this..... The 900 thing was so all the 900-related threads (and there were a lot of them) could be found easily. The rest fit into the "Polaris" bucket pretty well, and since (as mentioned above) there weren't a lot of posts in there, information wouldn't get buried real fast.

I disapprove.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
think winter brew has the right idea, although there were times last winter that there was so much traffic that you could start a thread looking for answers and it would be a page behind all the 800 burndown threads. Breaking it up a bit during the winter is a good thing i think.

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Go back to the way it was! 900 forum was great. Not big trouble checking the 900 forum while your in the Polaris forum. But to have to go through 100 different sub forums on SW is just over kill IMO.

-Nolan

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The BROWSE ALL link will be added shortly to allow you to stay on top of all posted placed in that forum.

So you will NOT have to "look" into each of the sub-forums to find any new material or question.

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
how about a "new posts" button?

Unfortunately I think that defeats the purpose of categories. If we allow new topics in the "all" category, then 90% of the posts will be there. I see this on other forums all the time. We need to chose to categorize, or leave it like it was.

My vote is force people to pick a category to post a new topic. That is if we want to keep categories. I really like the new format.

Now we just need some moderators to "move" all the recent old topics into thier proper category. I would volunteer to help out on the cat forum.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
sounds like your on top of it Chris, appreciate all the work man, going to be nice to not have to wade through thread after thread looking for specific IQ chasis info

Premium Features