• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How NON-Motorized activists will restrict Snowmobile access to US Forest Service Land

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Here's a little bit of what I wrote them...It won't change their mind, but I feel better now. Copy it and send it to them too if you want.

YOU PEOPLE ARE DOING AN EXCELLENT JOB OF STEALING THE FREEDOMS THAT THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON. IT IS UNIMAGINABLE THAT YOU COULD BE SO CONCEITED AS TO PUSH YOUR BELIEFS ONTO THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY. I ENJOY THE OUTDOORS BY BOTH MOTORIZED AND NON-MOTORIZED USE. THERE IS SO MUCH WILDERNESS ALREADY IN THE STATE OF MONTANA THAT YOU COULD NEVER ENJOY ALL OF IT JUST BY NON-MOTORIZED USE. I COULD NEVER IN MY LIFE FEEL SO CONCEITED AS TO TRY TO TELL YOU WHEN AND WHERE YOU COULD SKI OR HIKE. WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS NO DIFFERENT THAN SOMEONE TRYING TO FORCE THEIR RELIGION UPON EVERYONE ELSE. PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS!

written by a concerned hiker, camper, fisherman, hunter, snowmobiler, dirt biker, mountain biker, skier, gardener, and all around outdoor enthusiast

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I'll ask for your help. We do need the help. And if someone even has an incling to complain, I'll get banned for my language in your defense!!!

We need all the help we can get. We are on the wrong side of what's righteous in their eyes. In our case here in Washington state, it would've been nice if they had come to us and asked for help rather than a here-it-is, take it or leave it attitude.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I'll ask for your help. We do need the help. And if someone even has an incling to complain, I'll get banned for my language in your defense!!!

We need all the help we can get. We are on the wrong side of what's righteous in their eyes. In our case here in Washington state, it would've been nice if they had come to us and asked for help rather than a here-it-is, take it or leave it attitude.

I agree...pm this to all snowester's. If they have a problem with then they're probably not here to support sledding.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Dear SnoWest Member:

DIAMONDDAVE has asked me to alert you to the following post......
:face-icon-small-hap

Will try to get into the system today.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Here is the main concern for me.

If this proposal is implemented... It can end MOST of our snowmobiling OVERNIGHT...

Not in years or decades but simply by changing a few sentences in the laws that are already on the books.

You could literally get to the parking lot of your favorite riding area to find out that it is shut down to sledding and all the talk against it wont change a thing.

The biggest enemy of sledding is apathy amongst sledders who will not get involved in saving their own sport.

Write a letter, make some calls, go to the meetings... or maybe you will enjoy your your "Snowmobile display" in your garage as much as you do your 2 stroke outboard or 2 stroke Jet-Ski.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Why don't we start our own petition....it could read something like:

I am emailing with the hope that you and your organization will sign on to the attached petition asking the Department of Agriculture to implement the over-snow vehicle (OSV) exemption from the 2005 Travel Management Rule in all Federally designated WIlderness areas as has been done in Federal Forest Land for decades.
Also to restrict summer travel in Wilderness areas to ZERO.
This would bring down the overall number of people entering Wilderness area and lessen the impact on land and animals.

It seems like we spend all our time and effort just trying to keep what we have, why not be more aggressive and make the extreme greenies sweat for a while?
Shut them out of the wilderness and see how they like it. :face-icon-small-win
A strong case can be made for sleds doing less damage than people on foot in the summer, and animals are more likely to flee from a person on foot than a machine.
Allow sled access as long as the snow is over (eg) 3ft deep.
This would also lessen sled use in the easier to access shared-use areas so skiers would have fewer sleds to contend with.

Just a thought-

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Problems like this will continue to surface so long as our judiciary leans in that direction and allows this kind of garbage to proceed through the court systems.

D

DRAFTINGMAN

Jan 9, 2008
X
How do you think this Ryan Jordan got on the North Summit of sheep?? I bet he rode a sled or got a pull by a sled up there.!!!.

Montana
On the Gallatin National Forest unregulated snowmobile use is endangering backcountry skiers:
“However, we were concerned about avalanche danger, and while skiing a line from
Sheep Mountains N summit to the E, one at a time to avoid triggering a slide and offering
rescue in the event of a slide, a group of four snowmobilers came up the slope while a
member of our party skied it. They high marked the slope, with complete disregard for
the potential to trigger an avalanche while a skier was on it.” - Ryan Jordan, Bozeman,
MT

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges
Been in existence since the UN was created. It is not part of the UN charter. It is a scientific advisor to the UN. Through the control of the ICUN such programs as "Ecosystems management", "American heritage rivers" "clean water initiative" "endangered species act"(all these fuzzy catch names just scare the crapola out of me) they recommend more rules and regulations to EPA, USFWS, SUFS, USPS....etc.
Property rights are subject to change as per Biodiversity Treaty on UN global biodiversity accessment paper.
"Property rights are not absolute and unchanging, but rather a complex, dynamic and shifting relationship between two or more parties over space and time"
Section 11 pg 767

IUCN - In a biocentric approach the rights of nature (did you get that?..."the rights of nature") are defended first and foremost on the ground of the intrinsic value of animals, plants, rivers, mountains and ecosystems rather than simply on the basis of their utilitarian value or benefit to humans.
....in other words, nature comes first!
To explain the map. The areas that are red are off limits to human beings. If you live there, you eventually won't.
The yellow areas represent major control of all human activity - if you live there, you eventually won't.
The black dots mark "smart growth zones" where human beings will be stacked and packed in small living units along rail tracks.
The smart growth program ultimately has jobs assigned and children cared for by the state.

I used to think that Rocks are going to be elevated to the status of human beings. This is not so. Humans are being lowered to the status of rocks.
wildlands_map.jpg

We are going to be pushed out of the woods and the biggest reason is because the public is too lame to get together and stand up and fight.
The only thing worse than evil is apathy
1-From bondage to spiritual faith;
2-From spiritual faith to great courage;
3-From courage to liberty;
4-From liberty to abundance;
5-From abundance to complacency;
6-From complacency to apathy;
7-From apathy to dependence;
8-From dependence back into bondage.
----what is happening to us right now is we are being put into captivity.

The problem of people in n.america is that they are scared of the government.
The problem the government has in europe/scandinavia is the government is scared of the people.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
WOW..... Thanks for the PM have to get some opposition to this rolling. They just never sleep

And that is what makes the opposition so dang dangerous.
They are CONSTANTLY looking for new ways to shut us down!!

I think Thomas Jefferson pretty well nailed it when he said...
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

If we do not stay vigilant, we will surely loose our liberty to ride!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We are going to be pushed out of the woods and the biggest reason is because the public is too lame to get together and stand up and fight.
The only thing worse than evil is apathy
1-From bondage to spiritual faith;
2-From spiritual faith to great courage;
3-From courage to liberty;
4-From liberty to abundance;
5-From abundance to complacency;
6-From complacency to apathy;
7-From apathy to dependence;
8-From dependence back into bondage.
----what is happening to us right now is we are being put into captivity.
Obviously a fellow student of history!!

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
And that is what makes the opposition so dang dangerous.
They are CONSTANTLY looking for new ways to shut us down!!

I think Thomas Jefferson pretty well nailed it when he said...
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

If we do not stay vigilant, we will surely loose our liberty to ride!

I been studying law for some years now. There are about 1100 rights available to us however not one of us has one right. The only way you can have a right is by being the belligerent claimant in person and exercise it on the court room floor. We just don't have enough lawyers and deep pocket individuals on the sledders side to band together and take these ar$eholes into court to get some sort of remedy. The only way we're gonna be able to continue to play in the snow is someone taking a hit for the team, get charged and then go into court as a defendant and plead non-assumpsit and win the legal argument.
If the forces that be make the "keep sleds out of the woods code or act" attach to the citizen code, then your goose is cooked because the govt can prove the performance in the contract.

*sigh*

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
The liberal agenda has got to be more BS then I can stand. You have a bunch of tree huggin greenies who are trying to tell us how to enjoy our lives and our hobbies. Just because they hate themselves shouldn't reflect on a group of people who enjoy sleds and the outdoors.

As I read through the post that Christopher posted up and seen all the concerns for wildlife protection was so full of BS that my computer screen is now brown. There are no wolves where I enjoy riding, there are no ungulates where I enjoy riding. If there is a grizz he is hibernating at that present time and my sled concerns him or her not one bit.

I could go on with my anger but will hold it for the good fight for me and fellow sledders to have more access to PUBLIC LANDS, which they keep forgetting is for everyone and not there liberal agenda:yell:

Premium Features