• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I've been a Ford guy for a long time.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I've been a Ford guy since GM and Chrysler took the bailouts.
Sad to say that's all changing.
This week I learned that the Ford Foundation has been one of the largest contributors to anti-Trump groups.

People, please keep that in mind at buying time.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Marc Lemonis, Camping World CEO, is the same guy that took over Gander Mt and it's recent closeouts and shutdowns. Quite a fiasco of messaging and delivery from a TV marketing genius, aka The Profit. He has political ambitions, too, watch for it. If you spend anything at Gander, if you can find it, know what you're supporting...

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
the Ford foundation has nothing to do with Ford the auto maker. It is run by the Ford family who does not control the car maker anymore. Regardless do what you want just get a real excuse lol

BTW I see you are selling your Ford I'll give you 10,000 to MAGA ;)

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Who do you think is one of the largest donors to the "Ford" Foundation?

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Okay, lets deal with more facts. The Ford Foundation has 2% of the general common stock. Ford is controlled by a special class of voting common stock that has much more voting power - very common in hundreds of family businesses that go public - owned by the Ford Foundation. The Ford Foundation controls 40% of the super voting rights common, the same % of control since they went public in 1956. The Executive Chairman of Ford Motor Co. is William Clay Ford, since 1999. He is appointed by the Ford Foundation. He will be in control until the family changes their mind, or they give up the super voting rights.

Hey, I don't make this crap up, just saying how it works. Be informed, but let's not kid ourselves just because we don't like the facts. William Clay controls Ford, both directly through his Chairman role, and through the Ford Foundation. And the Ford Foundation is the same one Manifesto mentions here. Drive what you want, but there really isn't a winner when playing who $uxs the least.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
So with this, along with the GM and Chrysler welfare bailouts, Nissan and Toyota may be the logical patriotic choice for your next half ton pickup?

W
Nov 10, 2010
I've been a Ford guy since GM and Chrysler took the bailouts.
Sad to say that's all changing.
This week I learned that the Ford Foundation has been one of the largest contributors to anti-Trump groups.

People, please keep that in mind at buying time.

Im a Toyota person myself, but your rant makes me like Ford a whole lot more now.

Premium Features