• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer or Phazer II for kids

C
Sep 18, 2003
Keenesburg CO
So I find myself with 2 kids and 3 "project" sleds. All 3 ran a few years back but need gone through, so not big projects to get running. Kids are daughter 11, 5'3", 125 lbs, athletic and agrees I've and son 14 6'1", 170, athletic but not so aggressive, but not timid, more thoughtful before action. Both ride ATVs and a little dirtbike. Going to build a sled for each. I know my son is big enough to handle more sled, but I think he'll do better starting with a less intimidating sled.

All 3 are 136 tracks, thinking maybe a 144 on my son's. One has a built engine (reeds, shaved heads, twin pipes, flat slides), would pull skis with me on it. One has twin pipes, but I know nothing else (bought as is). One is stock. I'll mix and match engines and chassis, but I wonder about whether the wider stance will make much difference. My son is big enough to muscle a bit wider sled, so thinking a II for him, if I go 144 put the built engine in it, and a Phazer for my daughter, start with the stock engine and go through/build the 3rd for sn eventual upgrade... what's everyone's thoughts?

Premium Features