• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loading/Storing Sled Deck?

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Hey dudes, turning to you for some ideas regarding a sled deck. I am looking for ways to store it so I can load/unload it myself. I have a steel deck with non retractable sides. I can load it with 2 guys, but I am trying to figure out a way to keep it on a lift maybe so I can back under it then drop it in the bed and vice versa. Any of you dudes have anything you do to make this possible?!

W
Sep 15, 2008
Spokane, Wa
I used to hang mine from straps in the barn. Just left the straps hanging in there, backed up to them and lifted it up a few inches and pulled out.

That was part of the reason I went back to a trailer after about 8 years with a sled deck, just got tired of dealing with the thing. But they sure are nice sometimes!

R

RMKNV

Jan 3, 2011
Reno,NV
I use camper jacks. Similar to these.. Check CL for used ones. They work very good for a deck.

cxhdlrg.jpg

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've been storing mine on another trailer, then I use my 2 post lift to lift it, back the truck under it and drop it down.

R

RMKNV

Jan 3, 2011
Reno,NV
I've been storing mine on another trailer, then I use my 2 post lift to lift it, back the truck under it and drop it down.

Im jealous that you have a lift, I wish I had room for one.

I changed jobs and lost the use of a fork lift and decided on the camper jacks. That way I can in theory drop the deck anywhere. I also store the deck on its side to save room, that takes a buddy though.

B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota
On my first steel deck that I built, I attached a pair of castor wheels to a bracket that I made to the front of the deck. Then undid a nut and flipped them out of the way so the front would set in the bed. Simple and effective!

Premium Features