• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Dragon 700 clutching

L
Nov 6, 2013
I have an 07 Dragon 700 155 with 19/42 gearing and have all stock clutching and the way it is set up now it pulls hard but only up Til about 7200 rpm and that's about it. Weights are currently 66 if I remember correctly and have 61s for the mountains... Unless I have that backwards. I'm new to all this clutching stuff but I am very mechanically inclined and catch on fast so if someone could explain to me what helix and springs to help it pull better and load motor quicker. Any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Logan
Elevation is 2000ft where i live and usually go to island park or somewhere around there for mountain riding.

S
Nov 6, 2002
Alaska
Until I went to SLP MTX weights, my Island Park setup with a piped 07 700 was 10-60 or 10-58. The higher you go in elevation, the lighter the weight will need to be to get you to the desired rpm. I install new springs in the primary and secondary every season. $25 or so each. Got the clutch balanced and wow what a difference.

Premium Features