• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Did the 07 polaris rmk 600 ho. have issues on there voltage regulators?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I have 07 polaris rmk 600 ho. that keeps burning out headlight bulbs only. What could cause only the front headlights to burn out? What is wrong?

Yes they had issues. There was an update kit available. Be careful, the next thing to go will be your gauge display.

T
Oct 26, 2012
Central IA
I have an 08 IQ 700 that seems to have a strange problem fouling plugs on the pto side only. It has to be an electrical issue. I'm beginning to lean towards the ignition system. What voltage regulator would be recommended?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I have an 08 IQ 700 that seems to have a strange problem fouling plugs on the pto side only. It has to be an electrical issue. I'm beginning to lean towards the ignition system. What voltage regulator would be recommended?

Check your ignition wires. Pull on the plug caps and see if they come apart from the wire. Trim the ends and screw them back on. Same on the coil end.
You may also need to blow out the inside(spark plug end) of your plug cap.
If you have the wire loom on your plug wires, take it off and check the wires. The loom corrugations eat through the insulating wire from vibration.

Currently in the process of replacing my voltage regulator on my 10' RMK 600, there are 2 known part no.'s that are fouled and will lead to all sorts of issues like headlights turning off, gauge dash display turning off and idling issues. The most updated part no. is #4013587. One of the ones which has been recalled is #4012476 (which would be mine).
To check, take the black cover off of your clutch cover plate by taking off 2 black screws, then sliding it towards the front of the sled and wiggling. Don't think the capacitor is the voltage regulator! the capacitor is the little black box on top of the grey voltage regulator. the number to the voltage regulator is on the engine side hidden by a drooping wire.

Premium Features