• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new turbo m7 ?? pics!!

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
hey all a little while back I bought an 06 m7 with 1400 miles all stock I have done some venting and boards and tonight I installed an older ovs turbo kit I got used from a member here. the install went great a few hours and some help from friends when it was time to start it would fire up run for a few seconds then die so I unhooked the pure logic box and it run normal I hooked it up and started un hooking plugs and found that with the pto injector hooked up stock it would run normal does anyone have any info on whats wrong is it the PL box or something on the factory side thanks

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Does the pure logic box plug directly into the injectors? Im not familiar with them but I did something similar happen on a boondocker box last season, I got the box used and it was on I believe a 2010, don't quote me on that, and the issue was that the pins in the plug that goes into the injector where switched in the wrong spot because his sled ran them like that VS my 2007. Something to check anyways.

Nice looking sled by the way

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
thanks for the quick reply I had a friend find that in 06 cat changed the signal wire on the pto side so it says the switch the wires in the factory plug it also say you would se the sled acting like it was running on 1 cylinder but mine just started then died so I am at a loss??

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
mountain fit for all the vents I have them in the nosecone as well I am thinking about on more in the middle

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Talked to Garr at OVS
He said its a common occurrence.
He said that the positive and negative wires are backwards on the injector plug and to swap the pins on the factory plug, pull and go.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
yes there kits are top notch after switching the injector wires the sled ran fine I was hoping to go out today but had a little to late of a night and didn't make it I want to give a big thanks to Snowmow on here he as been great to deal with and answered any ?? I have had

M

Myzkoo

Sep 8, 2013
Could you ask them why you wouldn't want that sensor in your intake box? Cause thats one of five inputs that controlls the ecu.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
that's just what the previous owner told me and there was no spot in the new air box for it but I see what your getting at I will call next week and see why its not in there

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
ovs has eliminated the sensor and supplies a dummy plug in their kits now It tells the ECM the air temps are 32* all the time. This helps the sled run more consistent. The factory sensor was not designed to function under the amount of air flow a turbo produces. And if installed on the pressure side of the turbo, it just another spot for a boost leak. Secondary you don't want the ECM to be using its parameters when your chafe temps get high. Ovs uses the dummy plug, twisted just says to put it somewhere out of the way. It's not a big deal on a turbo. Really just more of a pain in the azz. Do what I did with both my kits. Just get the $10 dummy plug

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
If you do a cold air intake put sensor on intake side of turbo somewhere. Worked good for me there, ecu can then adjust a little, and no potential boost leak or hot charge temps.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I would prefer the ECU to not adjust for air temp on boosted non intercooled sleds. The air passing through the sensor on the cold air intake will be far cooler that the actual charge temp. For consistency and performance. Go with the dummy plug.

Last edited:
T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
well I pulled the sled out of the shop today to load it up and I don't notice any change in power on the bottom end but I am so excited to get it out on the snow now

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
On the snow!! That's where it will shine! ovs said no more than 6psi on that set up. But if would make 8psi. I think I would try it for a bit. ;)

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
yea I planed on 4 or 5 but I found a place here to get some 110 locally so I will pry go 50/50 and bump it up a little

Premium Features