• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bent tunnel

crusher

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2008
Mapleton, UT
I have a 2012 PRO orange 163. I got in a slight predicament and long story short i ended up bending the tunnel.

Looking for some options for a replacement. I know it won't be cheap but since I am going to be forking out a bunch of money I think I should get what I want.

I am not sure but I assume availability might be an issue.....any input would be great!

Am I better to just stay with Polaris tunnel?

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
How bad is it bent? Photos? If it is insured I'd get them to replace the tunnel with a stock one and look into using PAR, Van Amberg, or AKSNOWRIDER's side plates on the new one.
If not too bad I would consider buying the bent one if the exchangers are still straight.

Stock replacement tunnel is:
12 KIT-MY12 163RMK800CHASSW/CCBLK ([Incl. Chaincase] )
2204680-1241 1 $2,287.99
12 KIT-MY12 163RMK800CHASSW/CCRED ([Incl. Chaincase] )
2204680-1145 1 $2,805.99

Randman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2010
Billings, MT
How bad/where is it bent? Pics?

I bent my 2011 Pro tunnel when it magically flew over the sled deck while loading and landed in the parking lot on its side...:face-icon-small-blu. Actually, It was surprisingly easy to fix. If it is bent around the drop brackets check these out:

http://timbersled.com/dropbrackets.htm

:present:

Last edited:
T

theletup

Jan 3, 2011
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Mine was similar to this. I turned it into my buddies insurance (he rear ended me coming down a steep hill, thought I was clear, it was stupid ha ha..) Anyway, insurance gave me 5 grand (there was no deductable as it was a liability claim). I kicked it straight and added a van amburg rear bumper with side support that go all the way to the footwells for $350. Works just fine and you cannot even tell it was bent. I wan't able to tell any difference in how it road even before I fixed it. I'm sure it was a little out of line as the drop bracket was a little closer on one side than the other but nothing was rubbing anywhere. Now I have money for some HP and a bank account to pay for our gas and oil for the year :)

Last edited:
T
Oct 24, 2010
Bc
had same issues on opposite side, straightened best I could and then installed most wanted performance bumper because it goes further up the tunnel then anything else I could find. Has been solid all season so far......

crusher

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2008
Mapleton, UT
Just got back from togwotee.

History on damage.

I hit a ice patch on a steep hill while doing a down hill turn. Sled kicked out and I fell off. Sled went backwards into a tree. Could not notice any damage to tunnel so I went home straightened best I could and put a new bumper on. Had a local company look at it and could not notice anything. Local Polaris shop is thinking that the track could have hit the tree and forced the suspension and everything forward. I am not a jumper or climber just a typical boon docker. I noticed my running boards sagging like crazy. And upon further inspection I noticed the bend on each side.

Sled is fully insured and I am looking to have the Polaris dealer examine in person.

If they think I can put some tunnel reinforcement on and get away with it. The sled was riding different as the day went on. Time will tell I guess. Not to mention 400 miles is all it has

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'll buy the bent tunnel if you swap everything to a new one.

Or I would consider buying the whole sled if you'd rather wash your hands of it.

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Mine was similar to this. I turned it into my buddies insurance (he rear ended me coming down a steep hill, thought I was clear, it was stupid ha ha..) Anyway, insurance gave me 5 grand (there was no deductable as it was a liability claim). I kicked it straight and added a van amburg rear bumper with side support that go all the way to the footwells for $350. Works just fine and you cannot even tell it was bent. I wan't able to tell any difference in how it road even before I fixed it. I'm sure it was a little out of line as the drop bracket was a little closer on one side than the other but nothing was rubbing anywhere. Now I have money for some HP and a bank account to pay for our gas and oil for the year :)

Do you have a picture of this bumper? I looked on their website and cant seem to find it.
Thanks

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
19 hundo

untitled_zpsb44bfbad.png

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
This is the Most Wanted Performance bumper. I'd fix you right up. You'd never be able to tell there was damage.

light-img-2639.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features