• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo install instructions

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Who did you buy it from? Didn't you get it from Jeff? I would think he would supply that with the purchase.

That said... it's worth the money having them do it... just sayin!:face-icon-small-win

M

mtn_rider08

Dec 17, 2007
Prineville, OR
Bought ir from Kevin at Mountain Magic Sports. Got everything put in now. Just need to know where all the hoses that were included go now. Got awhile to figure it out anyways.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So the push setup comes without directions?

That seems odd.

hell, the cutler stuff there's a friggin BOOK for!

I'd bet it just didn't get packaged by accident, shoot Kevin a message.

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
Push only sends out instructions with the Yamaha Kit (that I know of). I have some pics in the members sled builds thread if that will help you.. Jeff said Ken was going to put some instructions on the Push website but he never has.. Also I have installed a few so if you have any questions.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
we all start out looking at pics...then when we do get that first gal in the dark the instructions start happening...and sure enough...most of us discover that things go together a little differently then what our young minds thought...lol..

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
they should be usin video these days for instructions, its more understanding, and even easier than printing up a detailed manual. i installed a ovs kit, and i hand some head scratching to do, but a video wuold hav been the real deal

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Last I knew neither Ken at Push or Kevin at Mountain Magic had instructions written up. Sadly the best thing you can do is steal the other kit makers instructions. Go to Cutler's website, look under technical and you will find their complete instructions. Boondocker also has their instructions on their website. Twisted has their instructions on their Facebook page. None of them will be exact for the Push setup, but should answer most your questions.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Hoses are marked or should be.

The big one goes to Blow off and come off of throttle bodies.
The stiff one goes in the gas tank to the reg from 90 on air box
Then there are 2 left one the air box one goes to the boost gauge and one goes to the fuel box.

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
The hose that goes to the fitting you have circled is the coolant line from the throttle body that has the bend molded into it. The hose in the next picture goes to the line from the other side of the throttle body with the supplied barb fitting and to the exposed side of the turbo when looking at it on the sled. Then you have to connect a small line from the rear of the turbo to the top of the oil tank. Hope this makes sense. Your throttle body wil have no coolant running to it when your done. Im not at home or I would put up some pics.

B
Nov 30, 2007
The hose that goes to the fitting you have circled is the coolant line from the throttle body that has the bend molded into it. The hose in the next picture goes to the line from the other side of the throttle body with the supplied barb fitting and to the exposed side of the turbo when looking at it on the sled. Then you have to connect a small line from the rear of the turbo to the top of the oil tank. Hope this makes sense. Your throttle body wil have no coolant running to it when your done. Im not at home or I would put up some pics.

with a couple extra clamps couldnt you keep the coolant going through the throttle bodies even after being hooked up? so the coolant enters the bottom of the turbo stand and exits from the the turbo area back to the throttle body area. so it goes old throttle body hose> bottom of turbo stand> exit turbo stand through the top> to turbo>exit turbo back to the throttle body area.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
You are blowing heated air through the TBs, so there is no longer a need to heat them with coolant.

M

mtn_rider08

Dec 17, 2007
Prineville, OR
Alright, just to clarify, the two coolant hoses on the throttle bodies are taken off

Then, the one closest to the turbo runs to the fitting I circled.

From the top of the turbo, the coolant hose runs to meet up with the hose coming off the clutch side throttle bodies.

Do I have it right?

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
Alright, just to clarify, the two coolant hoses on the throttle bodies are taken off

Then, the one closest to the turbo runs to the fitting I circled.

From the top of the turbo, the coolant hose runs to meet up with the hose coming off the clutch side throttle bodies.

Do I have it right?

I cant remember off hand which hose has the 90 on it but yes connect the one with the 90 to the bottom and the other to the line from the turbo. You can remove the clips from the bottom of the motor and move them back to the rear holes in the case to keep everything nice and tight and off the belly pan.

When you compress anything (air in this case) you create heat that is where the hot air is comming from.

Premium Features