• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snotel Ticker

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
So now that we all have the new Snotel ticker who likes it. I personally think it rocks and I have not been to the official site since. Its really nice to click the graph and see what the weathers been up to.

Keeper in my book!

Later!

Last edited:

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the heads up on this, at first I was wondering where it was on the site, couldn't find it. :smash: So I went to the user control and found it then activated, great real time readings at my favorite spots, thanks. :face-icon-small-hap

As far as "Real Time" goes it is not real time. It looks like it takes the day before last reading and posts that. Today for example I have looked a the snotel site and the one I choose is currently at 33" but what is shown here on this scrolling bar it still shows 23." So if you are wanting to see what the "real time" snow depth is you still have to check the snotel site and get the hourly data from there anyway.

I guess it is cool to see the different depths for each site scroll though but it certainly does not replace the snotel site.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
As far as "Real Time" goes it is not real time. It looks like it takes the day before last reading and posts that. Today for example I have looked a the snotel site and the one I choose is currently at 33" but what is shown here on this scrolling bar it still shows 23." So if you are wanting to see what the "real time" snow depth is you still have to check the snotel site and get the hourly data from there anyway.

I guess it is cool to see the different depths for each site scroll though but it certainly does not replace the snotel site.

Good point and if it wasn't for their site we would have no info!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Trying to figure out why your not getting more current data.

windsock

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Vail, CO
www.ratzco.blogspot.com
It's fun and good. Sure, if I want to check it out in detail I'll go direct to snotel, but it is nice to have this scrolling feature with these updates, etc. while one is doing a post or other items on this site.

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
Ticker still showing data from midnight.

Brian is working on it now.
He says its supposed to poll all the SnoTel data once every hour.

Maybe Brian is still working on it, but it is still showing only the data from midnight in my ticker FYI. Thx. --Matt

Premium Features