• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Error code 12

ttheat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
error 12

Look up Powerlites turbo install prob. (help)
go to thread # 16 by lococoin click on shop maunual nitro go to page 7-9. hope this helps.

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
error code 12

So how does the crankshaft position sensor go bad from pulling it on the trailer Saturday night to strarting it up to pull it off and ride Sunday morning:confused:

K

khk

Dec 3, 2007
Underwood WA
So how does the crankshaft position sensor go bad from pulling it on the trailer Saturday night to strarting it up to pull it off and ride Sunday morning:confused:

that is what the Yamaha manual list for that code. there is several other things it could be. down load the manual and take a look

CanyonRat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Riverton, Utah
Sorry Khk didn't mean to sound like I didn't beleive you, I checked it out and yes it's the crankshaft position sensor like you stated, just don't have any idea what would trip that sensor from shuting it off at night to trying to start it in the morning
Thanks

L
May 17, 2008
code 12 and wont start

i have a 08 nytro that did the same thing. put it a warm garage and code 12 was gone and machine started. has something to do with the starter and magnetic switch. maybe freezing?

K

khk

Dec 3, 2007
Underwood WA
Sorry Khk didn't mean to sound like I didn't beleive you, I checked it out and yes it's the crankshaft position sensor like you stated, just don't have any idea what would trip that sensor from shuting it off at night to trying to start it in the morning
Thanks

no worries canyonrat I was not taking it that way some times its just better to look at that trouble shooting guide and see all the different things that could relate to the code and start there like lonmr said it could just be something iced up. hope you get it solved good luck. khk

Premium Features