• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DIY Ski and Board racks for your sled

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I built a mount using gun rack mounts last year, but didn't end up using them as we didn't really have any snow. Gun mounts were easy to mount up and held the boards well, but I decided they were too chintzy to hold up to a roll over so I decided to make my own that should be more durable, and position the boards better.

picture.php

Front mount slips over rack
picture.php

Rear mount slips over bumper
picture.php

And 2 boards mounted up
picture.php

I just need to decide on how I'm going to strap them down (currently have an old binding strap that works but will probably do something new) and drill and tap them to put a bolt through to hold them in position. I'm pretty happy with how they came out and will update with any changes or revamps.

S
Nov 5, 2012
Modified Fatcat

I had the gun rack setup on my last sleds and this worked okay, but I went with a Thule Fatcat modification with my new Polaris using the factor slots and carriage bolts to attach it.

IMG_20151104_141417120_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
To do a mount across the back of your sled making it flat is a little more complicated but the best thing you can do is something similar to a thule rack. These are more expensive because they are larger in size. The best thing you can do is get a rack that is a little taller so your bindings can be on the inside of your sled so the bottom of your board or skis are on the outside rubbing or grazing the trees. We have Cheetah racks on our site and we have never had any issues with them or our boards or skis while using them. Good luck!

R
Mar 16, 2010
Best picture I could find of my rack. Homemade, mostly 1/2" square steel tubing, uses factory/existing bolts, holds 2 pr skis/2 boards, or 4 pr skis, stacked in the middle. All behind the seat, zero running board interference,, only downside is that you have to be careful doing 3 point turns in the woods, it is LONG with skis on it.

I like it. Starting its fourth? season, mostly original used snowboard binding straps, it is bomber.

20160110_093353-1_zpsywlo4bvh.jpg

Last edited:
D
Jan 20, 2022
I wanted to make the setup compatible with my LINQ system to be quick disconnect37160ADC-705B-4F9A-8DED-B96E4931CD75_1_105_c.jpeg and still incorporate the LINQ gerry can, so this is what I came up with

T

thriller

Feb 28, 2021
SE British Columbia
In its natural environmentView attachment 383540
Nice job on your rack! I am set up with a 2019 Polaris axys chassis and I have the BCA tunnel bag on it mounted to adaptor plates so I can use the Skidoo linq system so I can quickly and efficiently take the bag off. What other DIY designs for a snowboard rack are out there that are more of a tunnel mount that will go on an Axys chassis or I could incorporate some sort of a Linq mounting system since I like the ease of quick detach.
Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 7.13.34 AM.png

Premium Features