• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Deck and Enclosed Trailer

8410T

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone run a sled deck on a short bed truck (6.5ft) and a inline enclosed trailer? Got five guys going out west this year and got a 29ft legend trailer and thinking about getting a sled deck to haul the fifth sled and a spare sled along. Normally would just put one in the box and go but would be nice to have a spare along too. Looking at a 7.5ft deck and wondering about clearance between the sleds on the deck and the trailer when turning if they would hit? hitch on the trailer is only 3ft I think so it would be close. Any Pics of this setup would be awesome.

Thanks

D
Dec 7, 2007
I agree with Noob. I have a long box pickup with sled deck. Deck has a beaver tail on it. Sleds track get in the way far quicker than deck. When I brought it I had the intention of removing the beaver tail so I could pull enclosed trailer or camp trailer behind it. Found out that the track was in the way far quicker than the deck. Good luck

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I did it. 6.5' bed and a 20' enclosed. I used my home made extension to keep the trailer far enough back. If I didn't, the trailer could hit the deck not to mention the tracks of the sled.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
They sell hitch extenders. May help. The one I got from Harbor Freight is 18" ($19), but I don't pull the combination your talking about.

If you determine this would work, you should get an anti-rattle bracket/s to reduce freeplay in the connections.

Last edited:
A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
I needed a 2' ext with my 8.5' Marathon deck to clear my Trition enclosed. About a 4' tongue on it iirc. The vee cleared by a lot but my 155 could get into the trailer on a sharp turn. 144 sled cleared. That's a pretty long extension for a trailer as big as yours. I was pulling a 2 place like that.

Premium Features