• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Superglides in enclosed trailers

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
thats some serious $$$ right there :)! i like how you did your last trailer, excited to see the new one when its dialed in.

i have 8 boxes to get installed. will probably do the front ramp fully covered and do the back at a later date.
Yeah no kidding on the $$$ meathooker!
Christopher, when the semi delivered your Super Glides did you unload them with a fork lift or did you do it by hand? :lol:
Once again, nice trailer and nice job!:face-icon-small-ton

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yeah no kidding on the $$$ meathooker!
Christopher, when the semi delivered your Super Glides did you unload them with a fork lift or did you do it by hand? :lol:
Once again, nice trailer and nice job!:face-icon-small-ton
Did it by hand.
Ya, there is a PILE of them, and yes, I did NOT like writting that check.
But, and this is no small but.

But, they are absolutely positively worth every single penny!

Without exception, that was the single BEST UPGRADE to the trailer I made.

I will NOT have a trailer without them.

That is how much I liked them last year.

This year I also bought some of their edge trimming.
Not sure how it will work out yet, but I hope to get rolling on it very soon now.

superclamp

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2008
If you loved your Superglides

Superglide_II_Pro_004_1024x1024.jpg

Then I bet I love our new Caliber's with all the extra traction they have. :face-icon-small-coo
Untitled-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Question? extra Traction?? Superglide II Pros have 90 Duel stepped Traction Knobs , As for Calibers, they only have 60 traction knobs (that's 33% less) and they also have 37 venting holes which allow dirt, rocks, snow and ice to build up in them which gives you less traction, also you have a chance to snag a venting hole with your carbide and break the glide.

L
May 15, 2009
With my ramp FULLY covered, I have had NO ISSUE at all with track spin.

Sleds go in and out, forward and backward, Up and Down the ramp with great ease!!

Just curious as to why you covered your ramp(s) completely with super glides?
Looks to me like it may be just a little too much, but then it wasn't my money being spent to do it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just curious as to why you covered your ramp(s) completely with super glides?
Looks to me like it may be just a little too much, but then it wasn't my money being spent to do it.
4 kids and wife.

And absolutely NOTHING ruins a weekend like one of my kids SLIPPING walking up or down a wet icy ramp.

Happened to many times over the year.
When the wife slips and lands on her tailbone.
Game Over for snowmobiling!!

Everyone in the family as well as all of the NEW people I take out ever month LOVE the full coverage!

Seriously.
Worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Question? extra Traction?? Superglide II Pros have 90 Duel stepped Traction Knobs , As for Calibers, they only have 60 traction knobs (that's 33% less) and they also have 37 venting holes which allow dirt, rocks, snow and ice to build up in them which gives you less traction, also you have a chance to snag a venting hole with your carbide and break the glide.

If funny you bring this up as I actually had both in my hands before making the purchase out at Haydays last year. And the side by side comparison is what made me go with the Caliber's over your product. Don't get me wrong both are an incredible product and I'm sure both will work just as designed. But the two items you mentioned above are the reason I went with the Caliber over the Superglides II Pro.

Your right the Superglides II Pro do have more knobs to them (if you count those smaller knobs on the very edge there are 90, but only 70 of the true duel stepped full size where as the Caliber's have the full size knobs out to the edges). But it was the spacing on the Caliber that to me made them a better grip surface. The Superglides have the horizontal rows and the calibers use a stagger pattern. The stagger pattern when placed next to the rows has better overall coverage for pure traction. While unlikely that you could ever step "between" the rows with the Superglides II Pro and slip there is no "between" with the Calibers.

On your comment about the vent holes. Our previous slides on the trailer were a set of solid low-profile ones with no traction knobs or vents to them at all and the moisture that gets trapped below them was the reason I went with the vented ones this time. While they will let in moisture they will also allow that same moisture to get out and provide better airflow through the slides.

As far as your comment about snagging a carbide in a vent hole. As you can see in the picture the vent holes are located on the top of the rib inline with the traction knobs. In order to snag a vent hole you would actually have to drop down in between a set of traction knobs. I would expect to catch on a traction knob long before a carbide dropping into a vent hole between them.

Like I said both look to be a great product and I would be surprised if anybody found the failing point of either one.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Uni Bond Carpet

I have UniBond carpet in my trailerand on both ramps.

I have for 7 teas now, I ride alot. 16 trips per season at least.

You can steer you sled on carpet. Its not slippery. has no grooves in it.

You don't trip over it

You do need to keep it somewhat dry.

Far Safer and Cheeper than any after market glide sysem.

L
May 15, 2009
For those of you completely covering your rear ramp with super glides are you also doing the same with the front ramp?

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
I did my sled deck with the Caliber's and they work great........very well......no more slip sliding busted-butt moments and that can be scary when on top of the sled deck of a tall rig.

I went with Caliber 1st for cost ( they were quite a bit cheaper ) and second for the ventilation holes as I didn't want the deck to rot out under the glides and have them then want to pull out of the wood.

But.....these are on a deck that sits out in the elements all winter. I have two seasons on the deck and I love it. Wood is holding up and the Caliber glides work well and are holding up to lots of abuse. I don't remember where I purchased them from.....it was online and like a say a couple years ago.

They are both good products......and the trailer lined with them is SWEET!!! That is a dream trailer right there......but yes that had to cost some coin$$$!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
You guys bring up some interesting points on the differences between the glides. Both look to be well thought out products, and feedback like this should help both manufacturers. Please keep it coming!

I picked up a pair of Calibers for my 1 place Triton trailer. Used the LowPro Grip glides and the tracks grabbers. From what you said, I'm glad I went with the more vented model for the exposed trailer. I'll be curious to see how the paddle grabbers work with 3" tracks vs more traditional mid-west lug heights. Or, I'll be replacing them with larger/deeper traction products.

On the Calibers I used stainless steel bolts instead of screws to lock everything down. I find that screws pull out with movement and heat cycling of the glides especially as freeze/thaw occurs and wets the wood. It was a tedious job, but with the 1 place trailer we could set it up sideways in the garage. One thing I noticed is that the plastic grommets provided are junk. The directions say torque to 8 pounds, but good luck torque'ing 70+ bolts accurately. Plus, who would torque screws into soft plywood anyways? They squish down and end up grabbing the glide where the mfg wanted freedom of movement. Bottom line is these need to be a metal part, or a custom piece like SuperGlides offer. Although a separate collar and screw would be idea for those of us who want to use bolts/washers/nylock nuts.

For my enclosed trailer I went with a mix. It has quad flooring already, but that stuff gets eaten by carbides. Ramps will get SuperGlides mostly because they offer a nice aluminum metal edge option that looks clean. And, I wanted to try both vendors. Ramps will also get trax grabbers just like the 1 place. Inside, it's more traditional with the Caliber low-pro wide non-grip glides. Yes, I may fall on my behind, but I like the idea of having less encumbering flooring inside. Trax matt for the middle, and caliber makes some nice corner turn pieces. Just did a single track down the middle, and will move sleds to storage locations with ski-boots.

There is a slight width difference(Calibers are wider), so remember to measure that up as well. Especially where turns occur or pieces meet, or if you happen to have a 48" wide sled and a 37" wide sled together. I like that the Caliber guys were @ X-Games supporting our sport, and they have displays in our local snowmobile shop so you can see their products before purchasing. If you order super glides direct from website, there's quite an extra fee tacked on for import to the USA, so I got mine through a local shop and they used a distributor. (I'm probably bearing the cost one way or another) Will likely get a set of SuperClamps too, but sure wish they were metal, not plastic.

Will post more pics once it's all installed. Some of the smaller trailer attached.

4-5triton1.jpg 4-5triton2.jpg

Last edited:
S

sweidall

Oct 9, 2012
I believe all caliber glides are life time guarantee.

I just completely outfitted my enclosed trailer with caliber Low Pro grip glides and Trax Grabbers. Trailer looks sweet and installation was straight forward.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I have UniBond carpet in my trailerand on both ramps.

I have for 7 teas now, I ride alot. 16 trips per season at least.

You can steer you sled on carpet. Its not slippery. has no grooves in it.

You don't trip over it

You do need to keep it somewhat dry.

Far Safer and Cheeper than any after market glide sysem.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! I agree 100%. I went the carpet route on my trailer too and it works great. I have a featherlite with an aluminum floor so the moisture is not an issue at all.

The best thing is that you can still use it to haul all the other thing you need a trailer for and you dont have stuff screwed to the floor thats in the way. Eric

Premium Features