• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 rear skid modification

P
Oct 6, 2012
Ishpeming
my dad has a 09 dragon 800 121. last year we extended it to a 159, put the longest rail extentions on that we could then moved the whole skid back 7 or so in, I cant remember the exact num, and drop brackets. now my question is could we just put 159 rails on it and and put it back in the stock holes so that the geometry is back where its supsose to be? moving the skid back doesn't allow it to transfer correctly so were trying to do something diff but not really sure what will fit or work the correct way. any input or advice would awesome, thanks

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Well to start I would go with a 155" Skid.. Buy it "Complete"

But your working with a 159" track.

Option 1# Sell old parts.. Track, Old skid, Rails, Wheels, Etc..

Then Go with the 155" Skid and Track.. Could find any from.. 07 Dragons.. To.. 2014 Pro's. in a 155" skid will work.. Depends what you what in the end.. Also Budget..

The Center to Center Distance when bolting in the Skid in also Is Key.

Option Two#.. Drill some New Holes. To mount the 159" skid in..

P
Oct 6, 2012
Ishpeming
drilling new holes isn't a big deal,but getting it in the correct spot is tricky, since the track is brand new he would like to stick with the 159, and you can find those skids pretty cheap from what iv found, would you happen t know the correct measurement from hole to hole?

Premium Features