• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are Part Numbers Stamped on on 2010 RMK Lower A-Arms?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Hi guys, sled is a 2010 RMK that previous owner converted to a Dragon complete with Walker Evans Air shocks which were standard on the Dragon but NOT the RMK. The standard 2010 RMK came with the Ryde FX shocks which were 1 inch longer.

To accommodate the shorter Air Shocks on their Dragon it is my understanding that Polaris used a different lower A-Arm on the Dragon as compared to the standard RMK? Is this correct?

I am trying confirm which A-Arm i have. Here is my question.....are part numbers stamped on Polaris Lower A-Arms? If YES, where?

Thanks!!

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
GHF, got a couple "spares" in the shop including the original bent one that came on my first 08 Dragon 800... let me go check real quick...

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
7910 is the part number on my 08 a-arms which should be the same as the 09-10 non-Dragon a-arms. Stamped on the bottom of the little cross-brace piece. It would be facing down towards the ground while on the sled.

I thought the a-arms on standard RMK and Dragon RMK were the same length in the IQ Raw chassis but I may be wrong. I know the trail sleds have wider stance and thus longer a-arms and probably longer C to C on the shocks.

I might have the Dragon sales brochures in PDF on my computer, if not the owners manual can probably be downloaded and it should give the specs for the ski stance for RMK vs. Dragon RMK.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
http://www.polarispartshouse.com/oemparts/partsearch/polaris_snowmobile

Using that link, search for part number 2203026-067 (RHS a-arm assembly) then click on the link to show where used, and it shows 2008 Dragon 800 \(my sled basically) all the way through the 2010 RMK 800 (non-Dragon) - your sled. So they should take the same length shock (mine is 17" C 2 C if I recall correctly, wlalker evans air).

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Thanks Sledhed!!

That is terrific info and THANKS!

No youth hockey this year for the first time in 15 years so starting to think about sledding now.......how wild:face-icon-small-hap

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Thanks Sledhed!!

That is terrific info and THANKS!

No youth hockey this year for the first time in 15 years so starting to think about sledding now.......how wild:face-icon-small-hap

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn, but the Assault A-arms will be longer requiring a longer shock.
GHF's sled should not have the assault parts on it but you never know for sure (unless you check those part numbers on the lower a-arms). GHF's Dragon conversion has the "standard" sway bar setup on it too if I recall (that is how I could tell it wasn't a factory dragon initially).

Premium Features