• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted Kit won't hold fuel pressure

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Sled ran great last season and after you shut if off it would hold fuel pressure for at least 20 minutes. During the off season I changed the reeds and put on a new Attitude fuel controller with the same program.

Now, when I shut it off, fuel pressure immediately drops to zero. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but on the stand while running it holds 40 psi and rises with boost. It seems to start fine and I can't find any fuel leaks.

What's changed? Is the FPR going out?

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I am thinking you have something in one of your injectors.

I noticed mine held great last year and this year I am loosing about 1 or 2 psi every 5-10 minutes. Slowly drops down. Used to hold for hours before.

Thunder

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
mine drops as well over ten minutes to zero...im thinking its because of the oil delete and the oil in the gas keeps a insecure film in the injector..and I don't worry about it as I just pull the cord slowly for three times then I put the grunt to it after the pressure builds a tad

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Injectors sound probable. I had the stock injectors out because I noticed a air leak when pressure testing the system (mag side was leaking where it mates to the case). Maybe something got in there?

If any wiring was different on the new Attitude box would it leave a injector open?

HIDY

Premium Member
Sep 5, 2005
WASHINGTON
Does it have the stock fuel pressure regulator in the tank still on the pump housing.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I don't think so. It has a external one.

I think your right on this. I know we pull the stock pressure regulator out and install a couple different pieces and the High output pump. I am pretty sure the 1:1 raising rate adjustable regulator is the one you set for 40psi at idle. that way the in tank regulator will go to full pressure as needed to match the boost increase.

Thunder

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Take an air compressor and blow through external regulator same direction as fuel flows, might have something caught in it. Don't give to big of a burst though. Had this happen to me before too.

HIDY

Premium Member
Sep 5, 2005
WASHINGTON
how is the half round circle in the housing behind where the stock regulator go's blocked off.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Take an air compressor and blow through external regulator same direction as fuel flows, might have something caught in it. Don't give to big of a burst though. Had this happen to me before too.

Bingo!

Thanks for the help Russ! I decided to give it a shot since the local injector guy was closed today.

Jim, I wish I was more help but I bought my sled used. I do have the part number for the FPR if ya need it pm me. Most of the install instructions are on Twisted's Facebook page. They're not all there but it's been a great help to me. I kinda like to know how stuff works too.

Premium Features