• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gps

C
Nov 14, 2009
michigan
DSC04204.jpg
i have had my 500 for 1 year know it works well i use a mapping program for michigan called vvmapping it's worth the money. anyway the nuvi works great in cold conditions. the screen works in cold conditions with my glove on. if it is on my prox i have a ac/dc rectifier for power. if on my xc500 i have a small battery i bought at batteries plus for 20 bucks but i also had to recharge it after every ride. i attached a pic so u can see how i mounted it. the mount system is from ram-mount. the nuvi works good for me it is durable so far i'm happy with my purchase. as far as tracking i'm still figuring that out as i go along but saving waypoints is great and i can off load it to my laptop useing mapsource. i'm sure there are better gps units for tracking but this is what i have and i'm happy. if u goggle nuvi 500 forums u can get more info on there reveiws

S
Dec 4, 2010
Have you tried using Garmins aerial imagery with your nuvi 500? I need to get a GPS bought, but really want to know the aerial imagery works and is worth the cash. I can't think of a better way to find the clearings just beyond the tree lines in Michigan.

Premium Features