• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Triton TC167 single axle vs twin axle

C
Aug 22, 2017
Thinking of getting Triton TC167. Hauling 2 sleds around Midwest and from Midwest out West couple times a year. twin axle any advantage? If so what? Have 1500 Silverado.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
TC 167

I have the single axle. Live near Duluth and the longest pull (besides picking it up near factory in WI) has been over to the Hancock, MI area.

Pulls wonderful.

I didn't realize that t came with twin axles until I saw a photo somewhere.

I ordered mine with electric brakes.

Galvanized axle is so cool.

So I think it would be hard to move around empty with twin axles. When mine is empty it's no effort to move it around the driveway.

Besides getting a flat tire what might be some of the advantages?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
There was another thread about this someplace (Dootalk maybe). A couple people that had bought the double axle said it bounces more then the single and tows pretty much identical. One guy had owned both. Had the double axle for a few years and then traded it on the single.

Only advantage I could see for the double would be if you were going to insulated and finish the interior and wanted the higher payload for that maybe?

I'm looking at just getting the single myself.

I
Dec 21, 2016
TC 167

I have the single axle. Live near Duluth and the longest pull (besides picking it up near factory in WI) has been over to the Hancock, MI area.

Pulls wonderful.

I didn't realize that t came with twin axles until I saw a photo somewhere.

I ordered mine with electric brakes.

Galvanized axle is so cool.

So I think it would be hard to move around empty with twin axles. When mine is empty it's no effort to move it around the driveway.

Besides getting a flat tire what might be some of the advantages?

It seems like most people are ordering these single axle hybrid inlines without brakes, due to the competitively low weight. What made you go with the brakes? I think that’s the way I would go as well.

Premium Features