• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Arctic Cat Sled rollout.. (HI-RES Photos)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Gaps

From the video:

"All other gaps can be filled with non-current models"

Wow!! Spoken truly like a factory who has completely lost their way. What a sad sad day for Cat.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
BREAKING NEWS! New for 2020, the next generation 8000-Series C-TEC2 engine delivers a new level of clean Arctic Cat 2-stroke engine performance and technology.

The 794cc C-TEC2 twin features new cylinders, pistons, combustion chamber, flywheel, and fuel rail, plus a new fuel calibration strategy, to deliver cleaner and more responsive performance, with improved fuel economy and power in the 165-hp class of engines.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
For such an awesome sled this is the lamest release or I guess I should say rollout I've ever seen. I didn't figure they would do much. I guess I am used to watching poo and doo and they have a way better marketing team. Doesn't get you excited in the least bit.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Not sure at all why it’s a sad day for cat. Everyone I ride with is trying to sell their twin rail to snow check. If you don’t want an alpha there’s plenty of 19 twin rails with 0 miles.

Why waste money marketing when it sells itself??

Personally the type of product I prefer.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I'm not quite sure what to think! While I am excited that they turned up the power of the CTECH 800 engine to 165ish hp, to compete with the 850's. They completely dropped the 600 version. Why? If the Alpha one rear skid is as tractable as I keep reading, why not have a more tractable engine mate to it? Not everyone rides at 10,000+ feet of elevation and needs an 800.

Snowcheck only for Alpha Ones? Why would they do that? For some reason, I am sensing an early release 2021 with a brand new chassis and an 880.

The color schemes are for the mountain sleds are just blah! The Riot colors are REALLY off the charts BAD! I was looking for an orange and white color scheme or orange and anything really but, I got primer gray. Definitely millennial engineers choosing colors for a demographic that is predominantly older white guys. No thanks!

If all the sleds are to be Snow checked anyway, why not offer several wraps that can be chosen at the time of purchase, applied at the factory and people can customise their sleds to their personality. That would give one the ability to choose a custom looking sled and not be tied to the limited color choices offered. Heck, order it early enough and you can chose a wrap from an entire catalog!

I see a red and black mountain sled on one slide, that may be as close as I can get to color scheme I like. I will have to look harder to find a good picture. It's really too bad when you don't see a sled with a color scheme that makes you go, oh man, I have to have one!

Yes, sadly as a mountain guy, I am disappointed as well.

Last edited:
Premium Features